bmcfeeters
3 Silver

Re: Capabilities of the Dell CSI drivers

Hi Mason,

Unfortunately, no, we do not have any plans to support the VNX platform.

Thanks
Bryan

0 Kudos
Mason Choi
2 Bronze

I don't understand the compatibility between csi and k8s versions.
(especially, the middle version is excluded - k8s v1.15)

Is this the result of failing to test for a specific version due to lack ofenvironment by version?

Since CSI is GA(k8s v1.13), it is said that backward compatibility is guaranteed.

0 Kudos
bmcfeeters
3 Silver

Hi Mason,

For official support, the product team is only supporting K8S versions that have been fully qualified and tested with our CSI drivers at this time.  We are working on scaling up that qualification process and catching up with the newer K8S releases that are out there.

Thanks
Bryan

0 Kudos
bmcfeeters
3 Silver

I should add that we are very interested in what versions of kubernetes are being used and how often teams upgrade to newer versions.  Feel free to post in this new thread I created.

This information is taken into account when deciding what versions to qualify for our CSI drivers in the future.

Thanks
Bryan

0 Kudos
a malcontent
2 Bronze

I find it interesting that you do not mention XtremIO anywhere.  Are we to take it that Dell EMC is no longer supporting CSI with XtremIO?  Though to be honest, I gathered that from the lack of updates to the github page for that driver.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable

HI @a malcontent 

we have no immediate plans updating XIO CSI plugin to support latest K8s or OpenShift versions.

Sincerely

0 Kudos
brokenjacobs
2 Bronze

At least one exists. No CSI support planned for Compellent customers I assume? We'll remember that when it comes time to replace our arrays. 

0 Kudos
IvanBerg
2 Bronze

Can you confirm if the CSI operator for PowerScale will work outside of System zone?

0 Kudos
frank_g
2 Bronze

Hi,

The PowerScale CSI Driver can be configured to use an Access zone other than System. 

Per the documentation, Access Zone is one of the configurable settings(bottom of page):

https://dell.github.io/storage-plugin-docs/docs/dell-csi-driver/

This is a parameters that is entered in the values.yaml/my-isilon-settings.yaml file here:

https://dell.github.io/storage-plugin-docs/docs/installation/helm/isilon/

0 Kudos