Start a Conversation

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 30th, 2021 11:00

csi powerscale PVC failing on OCP4.6

I have successfully installed the csi powerscale drivers via helm on my OpenShift 4.6 cluster.  All pods are up and running.

I then created a storage class and created a PVC to test and am getting this error on the PVC events log:

failed to provision volume with StorageClass "isilon-plain": rpc error: code = Unknown desc = no default cluster config available to continue with request

I am also seeing this message in the logs of the driver container on the controller pods:

time="2021-03-30T18:28:49Z" level=info msg="Request doesn't include cluster name. Use default cluster ''"
time="2021-03-30T18:28:49Z" level=debug msg="/csi.v1.Controller/CreateVolume: REP 0024: no default cluster config available to continue with request"

Any ideas?

11 Posts

March 31st, 2021 09:00

I uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers and the issue resolved and the drivers were able to recognize the clusterName variable in my secrets.json. Thanks for the help!

13 Posts

March 30th, 2021 11:00

Multi-array support is added to the latest csi-powerscale release.
Make sure while creating secrets at least 1 cluster secrets must be marked as "default" 

"isDefaultCluster": true

or in the storageclass use parameter "clusterName".

11 Posts

March 30th, 2021 12:00

Here is my secret.json file:

{
"isilonClusters": [
{
"clusterName": "isilon-tst",
"username": "isilon-svc",
"password": "password",
"isiIP": "1.1.1.1",
"isDefaultCluster": true
}
]
}

I did just confirm that it does work when I put the clusterName parameter in my storage class.  Do you know why it is not receiving that parameter from my secret ?

166 Posts

Hi @keckles ,

Can you confirm you have uncomment and set the "clusterName": "isilon-tst" in your storageClass: https://github.com/dell/csi-powerscale/blob/master/helm/samples/storageclass/isilon-plain.yaml#L22 ?

Thx.

13 Posts

So behavior here is like -

1. If a storageclass has "clusterName" parameter then it will use this to create a pvc.

2. But what if you are using a plain storageclass where you didn't mention "clusterName" param but you do have default cluster then that default cluster will be referred to create a pvc

Hope this is clear or let me know exact scenario of yours where you see failure or gap.

11 Posts

March 30th, 2021 13:00

Correct, I agree that is how it works.

The issue I am seeing is when specifying my default cluster in my secret and no cluster in my storage class, the driver is giving me the "no default cluster config available" error in the original post.

13 Posts

March 31st, 2021 12:00

csi-powerscale driver supports dynamic secret addition/changes and no need to uninstall/reinstall the driver.

kubectl create secret generic isilon-creds -n isilon --from-file=config=secret.json -o yaml --dry-run=client | kubectl replace -f -

Above command will update secrets dynamically.

No Events found!