APO/FPO addresses are commonly used by the United States government (and military) for shipping items overseas. Orders with an APO/FPO ship to address must be tendered to the US Postal Service (USPS) in accordance with the factory shipping process. Only the USPS can deliver to an APO/FPO address. In most cases the vendor mails the packages using the postal service mailing applications. Orders shipped from the U.S. via USPS Parcel Post can take up to 8 weeks to arrive, and cannot be tracked.
* For assistance obtaining a commercial ready address, please contact the Camp/Base TMO.
* USPS has a weight and size limit for APO/FPO orders of 70 pounds or 108” girth per box. Girth is measured as: Length + 2X Width + 2X Height
* If over the size limit, orders must be held and a physical (street, city, country) address provided so the order can be tendered to standard carrier
* Sales is not authorized to ship server product to an APO/FPO address as servers are often too large (leading to delays), there is no tracking or tracing for postal shipments leading to poor customer experience, and the postal service has no claim process for Dell. Server product is often expensive and destined for enterprise customers which require in-transit visibility
* Sales cannot ship Alienware desktops to APO/FPO addresses since this platform is much too large, and will exceed the dimensions dictated by USPS for APO/FPO shipments. The order will not ship, and Sales will have to work with the customer to obtain an alternate ship to (non-APO/FPO) address, so another carrier can be used