Start a Conversation

Unsolved

R

1 Message

June 27th, 2018 15:00

2 dispatches, 2 returns for repair, still broken

Bought an Inspiron 15 - 5778.

Within about a month I noticed screen issues. Open a support call. Have to ship the unit in for repair. I do so willingly. Get the device back, still having the same issues with the screen.

Make a second call. Ship the unit in for repair. Again. Receive the device back from repair. I open the box and turn on the device and immediately the screen fails.

Make a third call. Technician is dispatched. Apparently the motherboard sent to depot is bad. Technician orders another motherboard, returns the next day. THE NEW MOTHERBOARD IS ALSO NOT FUNCTIONAL. Screen appears to be working, but now keyboard and touch pad are non-functional. That's two days I've had to miss work for no reason.

I make a call to Dell with the technician in my home. Get bounced around from Indian to Indian. No one has any authority to make an exception for device replacement. I've had the device less than 90 days and through four repairs, no progress has been made.

Now I'm torn between contacting an attorney and just calling enterprise sales until someone WITH AUTHORITY can make this right.

All this for a $400 computer. I just want my money refunded or the machine replaced. It is obviously unrepairable.

I used to tell everyone to buy a Dell. I will NEVER buy Dell again.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

June 28th, 2018 10:00

Thank you for your message. I apologize for the inconvenience caused. I will look into this on priority.

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

What is a Dell Service Tag and how do I locate it?

No Events found!