Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 30th, 2017 04:00

2 suggestions for this forum

1.  MY POST IS A: Question Discussion

This one adds too many complications. How should a user know this? The Question style doesn't work well in my experience, you should phase it out. Discussion alone is just fine. (I intentionally left this one as a Question instead of a Discussion - just for you to see how useless it is.)

2. Somehow you gauged the CAPTCHA super hard to solve - as compared to other social platforms -, even for trusted users, even for just editing their posts... you may want to soften it.

17 Posts

April 18th, 2017 09:00

Do actual Dell employees read this forum?

17 Posts

April 19th, 2017 03:00

You use the Lithium forum engine. Lithium allows for proper quoting styles to be implemented, for better understanding. You just seem to forgot to configure it.

17 Posts

April 19th, 2017 03:00

You have posted to a forum that requires a moderator to approve posts before they are publicly available.

Sometimes the above message is visible. Sometimes it isn't. In the very same forum topic, depending on how do I reply.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

April 19th, 2017 07:00

MY POST IS A: Question Discussion. This one adds too many complications. How should a user know this? The Question style doesn't work well in my experience, you should phase it out. Discussion alone is just fine. (I intentionally left this one as a Question instead of a Discussion - just for you to see how useless it is.)
* Noted. But this will not change at this time.

Somehow you gauged the CAPTCHA super hard to solve as compared to other social platforms, even for trusted users, even for just editing their posts. you may want to soften it.
* Nope. Due to spamming attacks on our site, this will remain the same.

* Yes.

You have posted to a forum that requires a moderator to approve posts before they are publicly available. Sometimes the above message is visible. Sometimes it isn't. In the very same forum topic, depending on how do I reply.
* Correct. A trigger could be any hyperlink or file upload.

You use the Lithium forum engine. Lithium allows for proper quoting styles to be implemented, for better understanding. You just seem to forgot to configure it.
* We did not forget. It was turned off at the Admin level.

17 Posts

April 20th, 2017 09:00

Hey Chris,

Noted. But this will not change at this time.

If you intend to change it at all... why not give me a time frame?

Nope. Due to spamming attacks on our site, this will remain the same.

You may be a nice company for computers, but when it comes to managing a user forum, I assume you don't utilize the best-in-industry know-how. Other similar computer manufacturers (with quite lively user discussions) can manage their forums with much less friction for already registered users. Hint: fight spam at sign-up. When you find a user real, give her more privileges, annoy her less with highest level anti-spam measures.

OK, cool! Check this out, this is the main point:

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/20008892

I'm a customer and I'm in the market of a new laptop computer. I posted this question like 3 weeks ago, thanks! :( (Due to strange forum admin settings on your part, my above link to another thread on this forum may look strangely, if it shows up at all.)

Correct. A trigger could be any hyperlink or file upload.

For your interest, your moderation can be also triggered without a file upload, or a link. Just wondering if it's new information to you.

We did not forget. It was turned off at the Admin level.

Any good reason? So users of this forum can communicate with each other less effectively. It was a good decision, really.

Thanks, I appreciate you!

No Events found!