Highlighted
Kristin_Boston
1 Copper

20 Year Devoted Business Customer Leaving Dell

Hi there,

For the last three days, I've been trying to simply purchase two performance workstations. I have specified them twice, put them in my cart, saved them for viewing later, then emailed my various sales reps (four in the last three days) for quotes. The quotes come back incorrect, with configs that I didn't want (4 monitors instead of 2, the wrong graphics card, the wrong disks, etc). My cart gets deleted.

Further adding to the problem is that when I log into my account at Dell, it sometimes throws me into the consumer division, so I get offers for 12 months and 0% financing (thanks, I'll take it!) OR it doesn't allow me to purchase the desired Precision workstations.

Additionally, I seem to have six different account numbers and there is no way to consolidate the info from the various accounts that my sales person cannot know, for instance, that I ordered two rack servers last year.

When logged in successfully as a business account, I'm taunted with the promise of a Premier B2B business account, which appears could solve the problems that I'm having with your consumer/small business site. Yet I am denied access to the Premier site because my business has only 25 employees and not 100 or more.

I cannot function like this - spending 3 days unsuccessfully to make what should be a simple two workstation purchase.

I want Dell to know why I am taking my business elsewhere and wonder if you can recommend another vendor.

Who is Dell's biggest competitor for business customers?

thank you for many years of great sales and service. and thanks in advance for a good recommendation for another vendor.

Sincerely,

Kristin Anderson

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: 20 Year Devoted Business Customer Leaving Dell

Hi Kristin,

Thank you for posting in our Community!

Regrets to any inconveniences caused you in placing orders and with your account consolidation. Please provide me via private message ( click my username and then click Start Conversation ) with your email log in for your My Account and Customer Numbers that I may add it there so that when you log in, you may be able to manage those online.

Thanks again.

Thanks & Regards,
DELL-Frances Y
#IworkforDell
To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here

0 Kudos
Kristin_Boston
1 Copper

If my company is NOT going to be honored with Premier B2B site access, since we have less than 100 employees, then we are forced to switch to Hewlett Packard. We have a scheduled call later this week with a dedicated sales rep at HP. Please let me know before then if we can get Premier B2B site access, otherwise...

We really have enjoyed doing business with you over the last two decades and hope you continue to have success with the customer who matter to you most.I'm sorry about the changes you've seen at Dell. Unfortunately it doesn't work for us.

Sincerely, Kristin Anderson

0 Kudos

Hi Kristin,

When you said you were denied of access, did you try registering to the Premiere B2B site and get a response or mail that your business is not eligible for this? I went to the Premiere B2B site, there was no requirements stated.

With your access with My Account, when you mentioned having different customer numbers and cannot be consolidated as one. When you placed your orders before after you have logged in to your My Account online, did you choose a customer number where you would want to put in your order? What I can do for you while I wait for a response from our Premiere Team about the access that you are stating you are denied of, is put all your customer numbers to your My Account. I just need you to provide me your email log in via private message ( click my username and then click Start Conversation). I can gather all of the customer numbers associated to your email log in with orders under it and ask you whether you would want the customer number/s deleted, if you have a certain customer number that you wanted to maintain, please provide it as well.

Please accept my friend request from your profile to enable private messaging.

Thank you.

Thanks & Regards,
DELL-Frances Y
#IworkforDell
To learn more about Dell Products, Services, and Drivers, click Here

0 Kudos