Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

P

December 20th, 2016 07:00

Alienware Order Woes Part 2

My first post I mentioned about delays in the shipping of my Alienware laptop that was ordered Nov27.

I never did receive any communication from Dell about there being a delay.  Order Support and communication between this forum and the @dellcares twitter feed.  Finally after four days after my estimated delivery date and my twelfth call to Order support I was being told to talk to the Order Change department.

I tried to reorder my exact same Alienware laptop, which they now said it could be ordered. Then I was told they were out of stock on the OLED screens.  Then in the same phone call they could get more of the screens for my order.  So my first cancel and re-order was done.   I received the Order confirmation details and realized the Delivery address was wrong.  Once again Order Support is worthless and could not change the delivery address until after it shipped.  (This is what I was told and I have the Chat history to prove this).  I called the Order modification department again and they had to cancel the existing order and reorder the laptop again.

So, no I have had to cancel my order twice, through no fault of my own.  I have been pushed back in the queue to have my laptop built and delivered.  I also realized that today my order is supposed to be delivered to me between two and nine days.  I have no tracking number yet and I am am certain that I will not be receiving my laptop again as promised.  

I hope that Dell has learned to communicate with their customers to notify them of any delays.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 21st, 2016 07:00

Hi PhoenixHawk1,

Thank you for posting your concerns on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience this order modification may have caused.

We do our best to keep components in stock and available for our computers. A large majority of our products are shipped to our customers within the time frame referenced at the point of sale. There are many components needed to configure customer's orders and are provided to Dell by Vendors. A delay in any component will result with a delay in the shipment of your order. Due to the many factors involved with the production of orders, Dell is unable to guarantee any delivery date.

The information provided regarding the change of the shipping address is correct. The shipping information is determined at the time the order is placed. If the address or method of shipping needs to be adjusted, the order will need to be cancelled and reordered. Generally, if you are changing the information through the order modification department, your order will not be displaced and will remain in the first in – first out order in the queue. There may have been other mitigating circumstances that caused your order to be moved to the back of the queue.

I trust this information is helpful. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thanks,
Lorna

Since I cannot answer DELL-Lorna M answer to my post Alienware Order Woes Part 2.

Hi PhoenixHawk1,

Thank you for posting your concerns on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience this order modification may have caused.

We do our best to keep components in stock and available for our computers. A large majority of our products are shipped to our customers within the time frame referenced at the point of sale. There are many components needed to configure customer's orders and are provided to Dell by Vendors. A delay in any component will result with a delay in the shipment of your order. Due to the many factors involved with the production of orders, Dell is unable to guarantee any delivery date.

The information provided regarding the change of the shipping address is correct. The shipping information is determined at the time the order is placed. If the address or method of shipping needs to be adjusted, the order will need to be cancelled and reordered. Generally, if you are changing the information through the order modification department, your order will not be displaced and will remain in the first in – first out order in the queue. There may have been other mitigating circumstances that caused your order to be moved to the back of the queue.

I trust this information is helpful. Should you have any additional questions or concerns, please let us know.

Thanks,
Lorna

Lorna,

I appreciate you replying to my post, but what you stated does not provide me any helpful information.

I have seen that same exact non-answer on this board. I initially ordered on 11/27, I have been waiting for Dell to communicate with me that their will be a delay in my order. This has not been done. I have had to call, tweet, post, email and chat to get bits and pieces of an answer. Either you can meet your order agreements in terms of parts and quality or you cannot.

I know I am not the only with this experience. I still do not understand why you have people keep cancelling and reordering the same exact computer when you do not have the parts available due to vendors or quality problems for the original order.

Just tell the customer that the laptop they have order is currently not available and offer them a another solution, even if that solution is  "we cannot ship the laptop you ordered".

I am glad that you and your colleagues are here trying your best to help the customers, but, I can only speak for myself, we are not getting any information other than canned responses.

I have always purchased Dell equipment for my personal use and when I could I worked with Dell on corporate purchases.  I know a few hundred dollars for one customer or two doesn't really mean anything to such a large company as Dell, but When you take into account that a customer or two work in Information Technology careers, the couple of hundred dollars can turn into several thousand dollars very quickly. Then you add in to the fact that those in IT careers communicate with other in the IT field and it can turn into several hundreds of thousands of dollars, when you take into account some of your corporate enterprise hardware acquisitions.

I just want to know if you are going to be able to ship my laptop that I ordered in Nov, before the end of the year.  If not just tell me so I can make other arrangements. 

Can someone from Dell please provide some information or insight as to the shipping delays/Parts Backorder/Quality Hold on the Alienware laptops?

Were these laptops not ready to be sold, due to parts/quality/website issues?   

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 21st, 2016 14:00

Hi PhoenixHawk1, 

Thank you for posting your inquiry on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. Please allow me to apologize for any frustration or disappointment this order delay may have caused. Without knowing your order number, we can only respond in general terms.

Alienware systems have always been popular models and have typically seen order delays. The holidays have only added to those extenuating circumstances. There was a wrong SKU in the manufacturing process in which some orders for Alienware 15 & 17 were processed with the incorrect parts on the order. The order codes have already been fixed, and orders that had not shipped already are being re-booked.

As we are unfamiliar with the many webpages offering Dell products, if you have a question about a particular offer, it would be helpful to include that in your inquiry so we can forward for review by the marketing department. Sometimes they can get it wrong.

Alienware systems do not ship “Next Day” after the purchase date. It references “Next Day Shipping” AFTER  your order has completed the build process and made the trip from the manufacturer to the merge center (which typically takes 4-9 business days). Then it is shipped “next day” or "overnight" from the merge center. All shipping dates are estimates only and are not guaranteed. Please reference your order online for any shipping updates.

I trust this information is helpful. Should you still have questions, please continue to work with our @DellCares representatives via Twitter. 

The staff of the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board will be out of the office starting tomorrow, December 22, 2016 and returning Tuesday, January 3, 2017. During this holiday period we wish you and your families a Happy Christmas and New Year.

Thanks,
Lorna

December 21st, 2016 16:00

Again, This is not helpful.  YOu do not know how many reps i had to talk with to get any kind of information.  This should have been handled on Dec 6th.  "Hi, this is Dell.  We are experiencing delays on your order.  We will have an new Estimated Date of Delivery for you as soon as our Production problems are resolved.

My first order was entered and paid for in full on Nov 27th.  The Estimated Delivery Date was Dec 6 - Dec 13.  As of the 15, I had not received any such notice from your company, including those supervisor that promised to call me back.  

I am glad your alienware models are popular, but maybe you Estimated shipping Dates algorithm should be re-written to take this into account.  How long do you expect a customer to wait for one of your systems.  The SKU problem was on your manufacturing end of things as you have stated, but why should I as a customer be punished for something messed up on your end.

I have not mentioned about any issue with your websites as they work, but the information on your Dell.com websites provide incorrect Estimated Delivery dates and do not notify the customer of any delays.   Also your Order Support team is as worthless.  When I called on Dec 12, 13, and 14th the Order support techs seemed to be oblivious on what the date was when I called.  Each told me on each day that my laptop will be delivered on the 13th.

I have never mentioned that I was expecting next day delivery, shipping or being built.

Since when is Nov 27 and Dec 21 next day, next two days or next week?

I would be happy with 4-9 days.  I am talking 24 days, this is nearly a month.

No Events found!