Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 6th, 2014 19:00

All I Wanted was the Right Accessory - But No One in Dell Can Help Me Said Customer Service

I made a mistake - human error.  

I intended to use my Dell Credit (Customer Dissatisfaction) towards a case for the Venue 11 Pro (5130) not realizing there were two  models.  I am now stuck with the Venue 11 Pro (7130) which I can't use because the power button is covered up since it for the wrong model.  All I wanted to do was exchange this for the right one and because Dell gave me this customer satisfaction credit, I cannot exchange the item. I understand the policy but how can Dell be so insensitive as to say "ALL SALES FINAL"  on a new product when the one I need exists and all that needs to be done is I return the wrong one and you give me the right one.  At the writing of this email, I am at day 30 since receiving the wrong item.  Oh I called and was even more frustrated.  Decided I would try once more.  Can anyone help me get the right product? That's all I want, I DON'T WANT MONEY BACK, I just want THE RIGHT PRODUCT I can use is all. Thank you.

8.8K Posts

May 7th, 2014 10:00

bwhite24

I will forward this thread to my contacts within Dell.  If they can help you they will post in this thread.

Since it said, 'all sales are final', I have a feeling that there isn't a lot that can be done  now.

Since you already have had this unit a month, why is it you just  posted this problem?
  Not that I feel it would of made a difference, since Dell only will exchange 'Like for Like' when doing exchanges.

Z.........

6 Posts

May 7th, 2014 17:00

Well, actually, just like I did, this is the case for 7130, but mine is a 5130. I ordered the following: 1

A7249903

Targus Rugged Max Pro Case for the Dell Venue 11 Pro (with Intel� Core� or Security with Intel� Core� Processor)

A7278401

Targus SafePort Rotating Hand Strap & Shoulder Strap - Accessory kit - for SafePORT Rugged Max Pro

I checked this site and didn't see the exact product.  But thanks for sharing this site with me.

6 Posts

Thanks for forwarding :)

8.8K Posts

bwhite24

I'm very customer oriented.... I'm here to help you not to give you more problems.

Are you saying that this isn't he right part for your system?   If so, what exactly is the part you need?

I got the link I sent you from one of my Dell contacts, I want to see you get the right part, EVEN THOUGH this should have been addressed and escalated far before now, your 30 day cut off date. That being said, let's see if we can fix this issue?

Z.....................

6 Posts

It did not really say All sales final - there was language to the effect that you would not receive any cash (which I did not want).  I am not just reporting it, I opened the box a few days after I got it and discovered it was wrong. Then a few days after that, I spent 2.5 hours on the phone with Dells customer service when the guy told me no one could help me - said his manager would tell me the same thing.  Thing is, I got the customer credit because I was dissatisfied - boy am I really dissatisfied being forced to keep a product I can't use.  So I did report it before now, just happened to see the link on the Dell website and saw this forum and figured i would try again to get the right product.

6 Posts

May 7th, 2014 18:00

That would be great if I could just get the right part.  The accessory I have is for the 7130 model and I have the 5130.  My Venue 11 has the button that turns off the tablet is on the top-right hand side.  The case I received has that part covered as the off button for the 7130 must be on the side, where the opening is on this case, so this model doesn't work for me.  If I could just exchange the 7130 for the 5130, that would be helpful and I could actually use the accessory.  It's really a nice accessory, I would allow my tablet to sit on the table so I don't have to prop something behind it. Thanks so much!

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 8th, 2014 07:00

Dell is not going to exchange a Venue 11 Pro 5130 tablet for a Venue 11 Pro 7130 tablet over an accessory "case cover". Just buy the case cover for the Venue 11 Pro 5130.

Dell Venue 11 Pro (5130) Tablet Hard Case $9.95

http://www.parts-people.com/index.php?action=item&id=15321

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 8th, 2014 12:00

Handling this via private message.

No Events found!