Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 25th, 2014 07:00

Are replacement laptops supposed to come with warranty?

I received a replacement alienware laptop months ago but when I received it, there was no warranty on it. The old laptop that I sent in still had 2 years of warranty left. I was told that the remaining warranty from the old laptop would be transferred to the replacement laptop. However, after 3 months, my replacement laptop still shows no warranty while the laptop I sent back still shows about 2 years of warranty left.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 25th, 2014 07:00

nhatt,

A Customer Care agent can easily transfer the original warranty from the old service tag number to the replacement service tag number. You must re-contact Customer Care for your country and ask them to do this.

2 Posts

March 25th, 2014 15:00

I have tried twice and on the second try they told me that they probably won't be able to transfer the warranty from the old service tag to the new one.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

March 26th, 2014 12:00

The original service tag number was never transferred into his ownership. That had to be done first. Once complete (15 days), Care can then move the warranty from the original system to the replacement. Whoever at Dell setup the exchange skipped a step.

8.8K Posts

March 26th, 2014 12:00

nhatt

You're getting incorrect information from these reps.

It's SOP that your warranty from your original system be transferred to your replacement system.  I mean, that's just the way it works.

Why did they say it can't be done?

Z.......................

No Events found!