Josh R.
1 Copper

Aurora R8 Delayed

Dell does not have the best customer service. My status has not changed from "confirmed" upon buying this item a week ago, and I chatted with an agent today; they said that it was delayed and to call customer service.

I did that, but the agent gave me literally NO information on why my order was delayed, other than, "Technical issue. Nothing we can do."

He literally told me there was nothing he could do, not even compensation, after giving them over $2,000...

Now I regret not buying elsewhere from some of the posts that I have been reading on the Dell community page.

3 Replies
Highlighted
Josh R.
1 Copper

Re: Aurora R8 Delayed

Update: For those who do have a consistent problem with Dell, this is on Dell's Shipping and Delivery FAQs page,

"Delayed Online Orders: If there was a delay in an order placed online, it is important to note that you will be contacted by Dell to consent to the delay in your order. If you are unable to consent to this delay, Dell is required by Federal Trade Commission regulations to cancel your order."

Not saying I want to cancel (yet), but I feel as if these requirements are not being met for a lot of orders looking at others' posts.

Highlighted
Clete217
1 Copper

Same with my Aurura R10 which I had to change to an R9 due to a lack of AMD processors. Was assured switching my processor to an Intel would ensure an on-time delivery. 8 days later, I am still stuck on “label has been created.” Alienware facebook support told me it’s in FedEx’s possession. FedEx says they haven’t received the package. Constant runaround since ordering back in January. Calling Dell Customer Service just frustrates you even more, as they never have any useful, honest information. Will never do this again. If you’re reading this, strongly consider going somewhere else for your computer needs.

Tags (1)
Highlighted
Clete217
1 Copper

If I give you 2000 dollars for a PC, you should at least be transparent in the process.