Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 28th, 2015 13:00

Broken TV - Endless Nightmare

How do I get in touch with a single point of contact that can resolve an ongoing, completely mucked up situation?

To make a long story short, I bought a TV on the pre-Black Friday sale. The TV arrived with a completely smashed screen.

I spent close to six hours on the phone trying to get someone to initiate a return. (The first person I talked to insisted that I call Samsung and have them repair it. Then insisted that he could not transfer me to returns because he didn't know how to do a telephone transfer.)

After many hours on hold and dozens of different people I had to talk to, the TV was finally picked up for return almost three weeks later.

One person says that the TV is out of stock and can't be replaced. Another says it can only be replaced at full price. A third person says I can have a replacement, but without any sort of warranty.

Now I have one person telling me they are going to process a refund, another saying that they are sending out a replacement, a third person that opened a new order for the same TV into my account (without permission and at full non-sale price), another person saying they are going to look into it, etc. etc.

I just want one person who can actually follow this return through and give me a valid status, instead of status that is immediately contradicted by someone else who calls me.

2 Posts

December 29th, 2015 13:00

I feel your pain.  I ordered a TV that came in broken on 12/09.  I have spent countless hours on the phone and even chatted with customer care.  The customer service is unreal.  I have been hung up on, placed on hold for over and hour and transferred to departments that are not even open.  I was told I'd have a replacement overnight, then 3-5 days and its been 10 still not here.  Dell has received their last order from me! Hope you get some results soon.

No Events found!