Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 10th, 2017 13:00

Call asking for credit card information

Hi,

I received a call and a mail from Dell (CFO@dell.com) marking a representative from dellteam.com stating that a payment made a year back did not go through and I have been asked to provide my credit card details.

I have read in previous posts that Dell personnel do not call and ask for credit card information and hence am a bit worried. I did ask if the payment can be made through my Dell advantage account and the representative said no as it is an old order.

i am a bit worried if this is not a scam and request any help/inputs.

Many thanks

Sid

August 10th, 2017 20:00

I GUARANTEE 100%  THAT WAS A SCAM  AND ANYONE WHO GETS A PHONE CALL FROM ANYONE ASKING FOR YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO  THEN TELL THAT CALLER  TO GO FXCK HIM OR HER SELF AND HANG UP !! THEN CALL  DELL AND ASK IF YOU OWE ANY $$ .

ALSO  THERE ARE PEOPLE WHO WILL CALL YOU AND THEY SAY THEY ARE FROM DELL SUPPORT IN  INDIA  AND THEY WORK FOR DELL  AND THEY WERE MONITORING YOUR  COMPUTER AND IT LOOKS LIKE SOMEONE IS TRYING TO HACK  YOUR  COMPUTER .

THEY ARE THE HACKERS !!!!!      SO COPY THEIR  PHONE NUMBER AND CALL DELL AND  REPORT THE HACKERS TO DELL  IMMEDIATELY !!   SO DELL MIGHT BE ABLE  TO FIND THESE HACKERS .

THE A-HOLES THAT CONTACT YOU WILL USUALLY HAVE  A VERY STRONG  INDIA TYPE OF AN ACCENT  WHEN THEY TALK TO YOU .

NEVER , NEVER , NEVER  TRUST  ANYONE WHO  CALLS YOU AND ASKS FOR YOUR CREDIT CARD INFO .

REGARDS

BILL DAVIS

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

July 11th, 2017 12:00

Greetings Siddarth,

Thank you for bringing this to our notice. Please private message the Dell reference number, registered name on the account, contact number and your email address. Let me review the case history.

You could send us a private message by hovering the mouse pointer over my username, and adding me as friend.

August 8th, 2017 10:00

Hi Sahana,

I sent a message some time back but have not heard back from you. Could you kindly look into my request and get back to me.

many thanks

Siddarth

3 Apprentice

• 

263 Posts

August 9th, 2017 11:00

Hi Siddarth,

I haven't received your message. Could you please send the details again?

-Sahana

No Events found!