Highlighted
2 Bronze

Charged for McAfee subscription

Jump to solution

The title and pic above say it all. I don't want McAfee. I'm fine you put trial versions on the laptop. I just uninstall them anyway. But forcing me to spend $50 on a one year subscription I don't want and don't have a need for is complete. Forcing me to buy 3rd party software when I buy a computer is ridiculous. It wasn't shown as something I had to buy in my quote. It just showed it was included, and I wouldn't have noticed if I didn't look at the breakdown on my order.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
6 Thallium

Re: Charged for McAfee subscription

Jump to solution

This is a promotional item from McAfee which is included in the purchase price of the computer that was purchased through the Employee Purchase Program.  It can not be removed, if the customer does not want it, a different order will have to be placed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
4 Replies
Highlighted
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

Hi crogs571,

Thanks for posting in the Forum.

I apologize that your purchasing experience was less than you expected.  I may be able to assist, please contact me privately by clicking on my name in blue, then on the next page, click the icon that says "send a private message" and send me your information, including your order number and customer number, and I'll be glad to see what I can do.  Thanks.

Regards,

Robert

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Hi Robert,

I have the same issue as well. I have a Dell on order now and noticed a charge that I didn't authorize:

1 525-0035 McAfee LiveSafe Consumer 36 Month Subscription $104.74

Could you please help me?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
1 Copper

Jump to solution

Robert-I sent you a PP

0 Kudos
Highlighted
6 Thallium

Jump to solution

This is a promotional item from McAfee which is included in the purchase price of the computer that was purchased through the Employee Purchase Program.  It can not be removed, if the customer does not want it, a different order will have to be placed.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos