BrianSmithton
1 Copper

Complain regarding Expiration of Gift Card

I purchased a TV from Dell a few months ago. I had to get a replacement, as it was defective. It took a while, but they were finally able to get it to me.

After all that, the TV came with a promotional card. I did not know there was an expiration on the promotional card, and that was never indicated as part of the purchase. The card in the email is now showing as zero balance.

Can someone point me in the direction of how to get this resolved.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
beamermt79
4 Germanium

RE: Complain regarding Expiration of Gift Card

Hello!  The promotional e-card generally is sent to you via email with its 90 day terms and conditions listed in the email or via link for review.  I'm not sure if anyone can re-issue the card but you can send a private message to Dell-Robert P. by clicking here and selecting 'send private message' and he may be able to assist you. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

RE: Complain regarding Expiration of Gift Card

Hi Brian, 

Thank you for posting your comments on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board regarding the promotional gift card. Please allow me to apologize for any frustration or inconvenience this may have caused. 

At the time the order is placed, all merchandising regarding the promotional eGift Card conveys the card carries a 90 day expiration date. The sales agents and online websites convey the same information. Legally, we are required to provide that information. 

Per Card Act Regulation, §1005.20(a)(4), the front of the card clearly indicates:
- Card/Code is for a "promotional" purposes  
- Expiration Date of Card/code 

Dell promotional eGift Cards will only be valid until 90 days from date of issuance. Please review the Promotional Card's terms and conditions.

Card Expiration

6. Please note that the Promo Card has an expiry or "valid thru" date. Your Promo Card's expiry or valid thru date can be found on the carrier to which the Promo Card was affixed (email), or by calling 1-800-242-5353. After that date, the funds will expire, and the Promo Card will not be accepted by Dell. After the expiry or valid thru date, please cut up the Promo Card and dispose of it. Invalid Promo Cards are not replaceable or returnable.

I trust this information is helpful. Should you still need assistance, please reply to my email and provide the requested information. 

Thanks,
Lorna

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell