Start a Conversation

Unsolved

L

1 Message

July 10th, 2018 19:00

Complaint

I baught a Dell Inspiron 15 7537 Laptop in 2014. The computer was not used for two years, and then two months later the screen began to glitch on me when the screen was placed at certain angles. I noticed that it looked like the screen was pulling away from the casing around the hinge when I opened the computer. After squeezing it with my fingers I noticed that the glitching would stop. So it obviously glitched because there was some problem with the hinge and/or casing of the computer. Since my warranty is gone I opened it myself to see if I could fix it and I found that it’s obvious that the computer was never correctly built in the first place. 

When I look at the left hinge I can see that it has one less screw than the right hinge, and that one of the holes that would normally receive that missing screw on the left side has been completely stripped out. It looks like the person who was assembling the computer was using a drill or something and stripped out the threads and decided only one screw in that side was enough and finished building the thing and sold it anyways. 

(I tried to insert a photo of it here but I can’t figure it out on my phone) 

the 8 months of screen glitching I have gone through and my $45 spent on troubleshooting and 2 hours of time trying to get help through costumer service has me fed up. I understand my manufacturers warranty is over, but the computer was structurally assembled incorrectly and I find it morally gross and I am now looking at having to pay $100 for a new top casing that doesn’t have stripped threads to fix this problem that the manufacturer caused from day 1. 

I am am not looking for a new computer nor free service, I am fine with doing the labor myself, but I need a new top cover for my laptop and I think it would be wrong of dell to not take responsibility for providing me with that part.

No Responses!
No Events found!