DinNH
1 Copper

Computer not Raid configurable as sales person said it would be. Customer Service is non existant

The Dell of today absolutely stinks! I wanted a computer that was raid configurable and couldn't see how to do it online so I called and spoke to a sales person. She sourced a computer for me, Inspiron 660 as I don't need a powerhouse and confirmed that it was raid configurable but that I would need to add the 2nd drive myself.  No problem, I've done that before. I bought this just after Thanksgiving but as a family Christmas present and with the craziness of the holidays did not get it out of the box until mid January. I checked out the drive space inside, went and bought a hard disk drive and installed it last weekend. I could not find a way to configure the raid so I called Tech Support today. To my surprise the computer is NOT raid configurable as the sales person said it was! Tech support found one that is raid configurable and says I should be able to exchange but I need to talk to the Customer Care Dept. Customer Care says I need to speak to the Return Dept. The Return Dept. says it is out of the return time frame so it can't be returned so I should talk to Tech Support to find a way to make this computer work and round and round we go.  Each department pushing me off to the next with no resolution other than I have a computer that does not perform as represented and that I don't want.  So much for customer service and support.  Dell used to be a good company and I have bought dozens of computers from them for work and personal use over the years but it appears it is time for a change to a company that cares about their customers and delivers what they promise. I have spoken to supervisors in all the departments but all they keep saying is "there is nothing this department can do."  For something that seems like such a simple solution I have spent hours on the phone with many people and accomplished nothing.
0 Kudos
2 Replies

RE: Computer not Raid configurable as sales person said it would be. Customer Service is non existant

DinNH,

A return could only have occurred within the first 30 days from the invoice date. There is no way around that policy. You will need to purchase and install a 3rd party RAID expansion card that would fit into the motherboard PCI Express x1 card slot. Look locally for one like this.

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell
Technical Support (Desktops, Monitors, Laptops)
0 Kudos
DinNH
1 Copper

RE: Computer not Raid configurable as sales person said it would be. Customer Service is non existant

Chris,

I guess I don't see why this is becoming my problem when it is Dell that has not provided the equipment to perform as that they stated it would. It should be Dell's responsibility to resolve this issue and take responsibility for their error.  Not make your error my problem.  That is bad customer service and not standing behind your product.

Dana

0 Kudos