Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

June 24th, 2018 18:00

Customer Care Complaint

I have bought and recommended Dell products exclusively for over 20 years.  This week I had the unfortunate need to call Dell for help on an order I was trying to place.  I found the item on my computer with the options I needed to modify it to meet my needs, and added it to my cart without saving it to the cart.  When I went to the office to order this computer, it was not in my cart.  So, I used my 12" Dell laptop to find, configure, and order it.  None of the options were the same in the product listings and I could not find the computer I was wanting.  So, I called sales and asked for a sales representative.  The barrage of questions I was subject to were beyond reasonable.  I told two separate service representatives that I wanted to talk to anyone in sales about purchasing an all-in-one desktop computer, as this was all I was prepared to commit to at the time.  This was not enough information for them and they refused to transfer me to a sales representative unless I gave them specific information about what I wanted, one hung-up on me.  I was not able to give this information as I could not find it in the products list.  I waisted over 30 minutes with this back and forth.

I will never call for this kind of treatment again.  I was resolved not to buy from Dell over this.  The representatives were rude and completely unhelpful.  I can imagine what a person who is not completely literate about computers would experience with this terrible experience.

This is an unexceptable way to treat prospective buyers and it is a shame that Dell has resorted to using this provider.  I will not be able to recommend clients to Dell until this terrible practice is resolve.

57 Posts

June 25th, 2018 05:00

Oy-Vey! I can certainly commiserate. Like you, I've been been a Dell customer for over twenty years, both for personal use and for clients and friends. Then this last February, I needed to replace my ailing laptop and discovered the "new and worsened" Dell. The first laptop arrived physically damaged -- damage that was not inflicted in shipping. It took two weeks of arguing to get Dell to accept responsibility and replace the original laptop. The second laptop arrived and failed in initial boot and has refused to ever boot or run correctly. The techs and customer service agents with whom we've been forced to interact have been rude, dismissive and disrespectful. They have ignored repeated e-mails and telephone messages; lied and misled us and claimed that they are not responsible for delivering a working laptop. Yeah...I have no idea who is now in charge at Dell, but the company sure isn't what is used to be! 

No Events found!