corsello
1 Nickel

Customer Care Management or Escalation

I'll try my best not to turn this into a rant. On the 23rd of May I ordered a computer from the Outlet store.and received the notification that it had shipped on the 24th and the charge on my credit card cleared on the 25th. Since it required a signature, I took the morning of May 30th off from work. Well the morning came and went and I had to get to work so I resigned myself to having to wait for another day. I checked my e-mail when I got to work and FedEx had sent me a delivery exception notice. I expected it to be because I wasn't home. I clicked the FedEx tracking to find the exception was a "Damaged in Transit" exception and it was being returned to shipper per the shippers instruction. This status was at 9:00 am and I was looking it up at 11:30. I contacted Customer Care and it only took Yusaf (Customer Care rep) about 30 seconds to confirm the shipment was damaged and being returned. He opened Service Request to get a replacement computer. So now 50 hours later NO ONE from Dell has initiated contact with me I have contacted Dell twice. After 24 hours with no contact from Dell I again contacted Customer Care and was told by a new representative that a replacement request had been initiated and I would be contacted tomorrow with new specs on this order. When I questioned why it would take two days she replied "the standard time frame to process the repalcement is 8 business days" I'm not sure if that was supposed to make me feel better or if it was a warning not to bother them. I did go back out to the outlet website and confirmed there were at least 5 other computers listed with the EXACT same specs and it only took me about 3 minutes not two days. This afternoon, now over 48 hours since I contacted Dell, after still no communication from Dell (full disclosure I did get a form letter email transcript of the previous chat session) I called Customer Care and was connected to Rifan. He found my original order and the service request order did some research and told me . . "they are saying the need 24 - 48 hours" although he couldn't tell me who "they" were and he acknowledged that a similar computer with the exact same specs was still available on the outlet website. The topping to this entire experience? I also received an e-mail from Dell Customer Service with the subject: "How can we help you?" oh I don't know maybe you could get me the computer that I paid for over a week ago that might be a nice place to start.

If anyone at Dell actually reads or responds to messages in here I would sincerely appreciate some form of communication from someone in a management position in response to Service Request .

0 Kudos
1 Reply
Highlighted
corsello
1 Nickel

Re: Customer Care Management or Escalation

**Update**

So Friday evening June 1st I received a phone call and follow up email to confirm the specifications available for replacement. I replied to the e-mail within 10 minutes of receipt with my confirmation. About 2 1/2 hours later I received a reply stating "the replacement request will be initiated". No explanation as to why it took two days for someone to email and confirm the specifications. I can only surmise that since Dell had received the original damaged in transit computer about 10 hours earlier they were waiting to see if it could just be repackaged and sent back out to me.

It is now 12 days since I originally ordered this computer, 10 days since Dell charged my credit card for this computer, 5 days since Dell instructed FedEx to return the damaged computer to them and 3 days since someone at Dell received the damaged computer.

I'm still waiting to find when I'm going to get the computer (starting to doubt if I'll ever get the computer).

I have requested via phone, email, chat, twitter and this community forum for someone to reach out and contact me and I'm still waiting.

Although this was a personal use purchase as an IT manager I will now start evaluating Lenovo and HP as replacements for our corporate computers.

It's really disheartening to see Dell degrade back into the tier 2 computer supplier they were back in the late 80's and early 90's.

0 Kudos