Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2012 07:00

Customer Care and Warranty Support - I am not impressed

Hello,

I am not impressed with the warranty/technical support that is available. In fact whatever support I have received has been frustrating.

I have a brand new XPS 8500 and have started receiving pop-ups saying that the Dell-installed version of Windows 7 is not genuine (http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/p/19477866/20237160.aspx#20237160 ). I was hoping for some support from Dell on this issue since the last thing I need is to find out that the "resolve online" tool from Microsoft does not work or worse yet that my OS stops working for some reason.

Naturally I went to the product support page.  The first thing that I note is that there is information about extending my warranty... but no information about how to actually get the warranty support.   There is nothing that says go here if you want to make a warranty claim.

As far as technical support goes, on-line chat is not available for my product, email support is not available  and it seems my only recourse is telephone support.

So I tried that....waited 10-15 minutes to speak to an agent.  Basically all I wanted was some kind of reassurance that following the "resolve online" link (see above) would not cause a disaster. Instead the agent said he would fix it for me. So for an hour he did stuff on my PC including a lot of stuff at the command prompt level.  He never really explained what he was doing and I was on hold most of the time while he did whatever he was doing.  After an hour I was assured that it was fixed. He told me to stay on the line because his supervisor wished to speak to me and the there would be a follow-up email from Dell in case I had any other issues.

Well....

- I waited about 10 minutes. The supervisor never came on the phone and then the line went dead.

- I never received the email.....And

- The problem is not resolved and in fact came back within a few minutes of the agent signing off?

So now what? I have to go through this whole process again?

Dell are you there?

R

1 Message

December 6th, 2012 20:00

I am not impressed either.  I have an XPS 630I.  Called tech support and they pressured me into buying a $200 warranty before they would fix my desktop.  I bought it and all they did was download a cleaner and run it.  I could have done that.  It didn't fix the issue.  I ended up fixing it myself.  $200 for NOTHING.

No Events found!