Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

H

April 8th, 2018 18:00

Customer Care issue

I placed an order on 03/29/18 on Dell Outlet for an Inspiron 7577. I received the laptop quickly and without issue. I was not able to test the laptop until the following evening. Upon doing so, I realized that the GTX 1060 in the laptop had failed. I reached out to tech support who agreed that there was a problem present. I was then transferred to paid support and pitched a different warranty to cover software issues, which i declined. The following day I spoke with Customer Care and was assured that I would receive a replacement laptop within 3-5 days. I received an email stating this, along with a prepaid shipping label. I sent off the original laptop the next day. I soon realized that I would not be receiving my replacement since I received no tracking updates or information from Dell. Calling Customer Care always resulted in being told they are waiting on a replacement to come in, or awaiting confirmation from the "back end". I was told that a case manager would call me. The case manager never did call. Instead sending me a couple emails over the course of 3 days with the same information every time. I stated that I would also accept a different model if the specs where comparable. No response. Today I called in and received the same story. I decided that I would like my money back. Not because I was unhappy with the hardware, but that I was tired of the run around from Customer Care. Now I am being told it will take 2 weeks to get my money back. I would have been perfectly happy if I could have just received a replacement laptop in a timely manner. Especially since I have seen equivalent machines come and go from the Outlet while I wait. I purchased this laptop based on my previous good experiences with Dell hardware. I needed something reliable for school. Now I am stuck waiting for resolution. As I stated before, I would be perfectly happy with a replacement laptop like I originally ordered, or a refund. I can not afford to wait over a month like I have read from other users. If there are any customer care agents in these forms that can help, I would love to hear from you.

9 Posts

April 9th, 2018 08:00

I received an email from Customer Care this morning stating that 15 days is only the processing time for my refund. They are now saying it will be upwards of a month to see my money again. This is completely unacceptable. I will be warning friends, family, coworkers, and classmates of Dell's  lack of customer service and that they should look to other manufacturers for their needs. It really seems as though Dell does not care about their consumer customers. 

No Events found!