Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2017 10:00

Customer Service

I've been struggling with a defective battery issue on my computer and through repeated calls and searching I have been unable to find any avenue to talk to someone who will listen to my concerns regarding customer service issues.  I find the lack of service and support appalling and hope that one of these emails I'm sending finds the right person.

Here is the problems I am encountering:

I've had my Dell XPS for just 2 years and the battery is swelling inside the case, pushing up the palm rest and track pad.  I called in July and was told it would cost at least $200 and would take 3-6 weeks to fix.  I was told that this was not a known problem, yet when I type "dell xps swelling battery" into Google I get hundreds of photos of problems exactly like mine.  I was told this was the only option to repair my computer.

Wanting a second opinion, I went into a local shop this week and asked if they could fix it, but after some research they said Dell was the only place that carried the battery and it would have to be serviced with Dell. 

Feeling very defeated, I called Dell back 3 times last Saturday. I got disconnected twice and spent nearly 2 hours on the phone.  I was again told it would take at least 3 weeks which is just not acceptable.  I was offered an onsite technician for $150, but then as I asked to explore this option further I was told the offer was no longer an option and told I had to ship it in. 

During my third call I asked for a manager multiple times, yet kept getting passed back to the customer service representative.  No one I talked to showed any concern that I had zero trust in mailing my computer into Dell with no assurances when I would receive it back.  In fact, the more I tried to gain confidence the more those I talked to eroded my trust with Dell.  

Out of total frustration I finally pushed to see if there was any way I could at least buy a new battery.  With a lot of reluctance I was offered the battery which took another 20 minutes and $100 to place the order.  I still have no assurances on how I will get the computer fixed and Dell assured me there was nothing else that they could do.

I'm now almost a month into addressing this issue and I don't feel I'm any closer to a resolution.  All this while my battery continues to swell.

Please don't let this be the last Dell I purchase.  Please let me know who I can talk to to address my customer service issues.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

August 23rd, 2017 20:00

Thank you for your message. We will be glad to look into this for you.

Truly apologize that we were not able to provide you with an experience that was completely satisfactory to you. I assure you that this situation is not indicative of the quality service Dell is capable of providing.

What is the XPS system model you have?

Not all XPS models are known to have battery swelling issue.

Request you to stop using the computer if the battery is still swelling.

You were offered a depot service as the battery on new XPS models are not customer replaceable parts, since you had complained about the battery issue & the touchpad raising up, having it sent to the service center we will they will be able to replace the right parts & check the alignment & get the issue fixed at once.

To assist you better, please click on my Dell username & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

No Events found!