Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 22nd, 2013 19:00

Customer Shuffle, NOT Customer Care

Yesterday I went to the Dell Forum for the first time. Looking at the technical boards,I saw several that had been moved by Dell to"Customer Care". So, I went to "Customer Care" to . Dell has lost all credibility with me. They shipped a laptop to me with NO HARD DRIVE. My complaint was completely unrelated to hardware issues. This morning I received an email telling me Dell had moved my post to "Laptop General Hardware Forum." Rather than addressing the issue, they pass it off to some other place. I still don't know how to handle this problem. The sales guy is not responding. I sent a complaint via web form to the customer order problem venue. No responses. Dell can't provide Customer Care, they  just shuffle the customer off to somewhere else. I wonder where they'll send this one.

1st posting =

I'm an old, retired guy that volunteers IT support for our church. Dell offers discounts for non-profits and that is good. I first talked to a Dell Sales person on May 28, 2013 and started an order for two laptops. They were not special order items. After several false starts, order cancellations for no reason, and other delays, the two laptops that I ordered arrived on July 16. So it took about 6 - 7 weeks for two generic laptops to get here. I pulled the first one out and it was fine. I pulled the second one out and it wouldn't boot. I went to BIOS to see about boot order. BIOS indicates "Hard drive: None.". They shipped a brand-new laptop with no hard drive. How's that for quality control? I wasn't surprised to come to the "Customer Care" forum and find it filled with so many complaints. I'm fairly sure that mine should get an award for worst case. I can't wait to see what they make me do to get this set right. Now that I'm already more than a month behind, I get to start it all over.

July 22nd, 2013 23:00

Hi ElderWizard2 ,

Thank you for posting in our Community and Welcome!

First of all, let me apologize on the confusion and inconveniences that this filtering of posts may have caused you. Please allow me to look into your case but I will be needed the following information via private message ( click my username in blue then start conversation);

Dell Service Tag:
Account Name:
Your complete Name:

Thank you for choosing Dell.

July 24th, 2013 12:00

Dell Service Tag: <ADMIN NOTE: Service tag removed per privacy policy>

Account Name: ? Customer Number: <ADMIN NOTE: Customer no. removed per privacy policy>

<ADMIN NOTE: Address removed per privacy policy>

Your complete Name: Harold Ketterer

July 24th, 2013 17:00

Dear Elderwizard,

Like you, I too have been using computers for many years, and many people call me or I use remote access to help them with problems.  I too am appaled at how the lack of customer service has prevailed at Dell.  After being on the phone hours and hours  to no avail with my pronblem, I am now being helped by a Customer Care person here named Lorna.  So far I am impressed, but it has only been one day.  Hopefully she will resolve my issue and hopefully you too will have your issues resolved.  I am very disappointed in Dell and I probably will never buy another Dell unless this turns out far differently than what I have already experienced.

Good luck.

July 24th, 2013 20:00

Hi Harold,

For security purposes, our administrators removed the information in public. May I ask you to please send me the information needed via private message ( click my username in blue, then Start Conversation).

Thank you.

No Events found!