Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 6th, 2017 10:00

DELL REFUSES REFUND

My case is not resolved. I ordered a Dell Precision 7710 XCTO BASE on 1-26-17. It arrived mid February 2017. Service Tag was xxxxVF2. The machine worked fine for about 10 days, then stopped communicating with any network (WiFi, Ethernet, Bluetooth, etc). I spent several hours on chat sessions and phone calls with Dell Tech Support and after several days of diagnostics and frustration, Dell finally decided the machine was defective and shipped me a replacement machine. The replacement machine arrived March 15, 2017. Service Tag was xxxxYF2. The 1st  machine was returned and received in Lebanon Texas on 3-24-17. The replacement machine worked perfectly for about 10 days also, then displayed the same bad behavior as the 1st machine (network communication simply stopped, out of the blue). Again, I spent several hours on the phone with many different Dell Tech Support personnel who attempted to ascertain what was wrong. As their attempts at correcting the issue did not work (over several more days), I called the Dell Returns Department on 3-30-17 and arranged for a return of the 2nd machine and requested a refund. Jose Iraheta filled out all the paperwork and this took another hour of my time. The reference number for the return is 94xxxx170. On 1-31-17 I received a phone call from Jose Iraheta (Dell Returns Dept.) indicating that my return was not approved as it had been more than 30 days from my receipt of the original machine. How does that make any sense as I waited 20 days for a replacement machine to be built and shipped? I have spent the past 6 days receiving emails from Dell Tech support telling me my issue has been escalated, but that a return and refund is not an option. Obviously there is something wrong with these machines which Dell was not able to determine and cure. I gave over 40 hours of my professional time towards the effort in helping Dell Tech Support try to resolve the issue. I simply cannot afford to waste any more time and simply request a refund. Right now I am out $3500 and have a useless unreliable machine I wish to return for a refund.

My Over-all Dell Experience is currently very bad. I have been the proud owner of many Dell computers over many, many years, but this entire experience has been just awful. I hope whoever is responsible for reading these posts can offer some good news.. Thank you.

April 7th, 2017 10:00

Hi plug_in_guy,

Thank you for reaching out to us on Dell Community Customer Care Board regarding the refund.

This case has been escalated and our escalation team will get in touch with you.

Kindly edit post with the service tag and return number from public viewing for security purpose.

Regards,

Fuzail

April 7th, 2017 11:00

Fuzail,

I have edited my post as you requested. I continue to wait patiently. As of now, I have waited 8 days since requesting a refund. Things at Dell do not happen efficiently.

April 10th, 2017 11:00

I finally received a phone call from Dell (sometime on Friday) with the good news that my refund had been approved. Thank you. They emailed me a postage paid UPS label, and have told me they will credit my account 30 days after the machine has been received. I shipped the machine and so far, this experience is improving slightly.

April 28th, 2017 17:00

My purchase money was refunded this week. Thank you Dell. I am sad this probably means the end of a long and fruitful relationship. I've proudly owned many Dell machines over the past 25 years. I believe the root of the communication failure issue that caused both machines to fail the same way has something to do with the specific hardware configuration I selected. I wouldn't be surprised if there will be other customers that end up struggling with the same issue, should they select the same components. My advise is to have Dell engineering take a closer, longer term look at the components assembled in this configuration and determine what/where the hardware conflict is, and solve the issue before shipping additional units to customers. Just my $.02.

9 Posts

May 4th, 2017 07:00

I have the same issue with the last Dell XPS that I bought a year ago. It is already out of warranty. I was made to believe that it was an issue with my router. I am using my Desktop to watch DVD movies and burn CDs - since I am not able to connect it to the network. You were lucky - you were able to isolate the problem and get your refund. Sadly, my association with Dell has been for almost 25 years (including working for DELL) and finally got a lemon. :(

1 Message

November 8th, 2019 12:00

Ive had the same issue!!! Literally identical 

No Events found!