Start a Conversation

Unsolved

H

13 Posts

January 25th, 2021 23:00

DELL SERVICE TEAM not agreeing with me

My Alienware 17 R4 recently got screen replacement and later that day I noticed that the replaced screen has terrible screen or backlight bleeding, I reported that to the agent and he tells me that I should test the light bleed with a WHITE background but not the usual BLACK.

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

January 26th, 2021 00:00

Hi @harryhulk433  different people have different skills. If fault resolution inadequate, then escalation of formal complaint is the next step to get fault fixed. Use the Dell fault resolution system. 

Thanks for you reply, but I actually did exactly What you mentioned in the reply. I took photographs and video of the issue and mailed it with every small detail and this happened before he contacted me on phone. My actual main concern is how dumb he sounded, cause he is a OFFICIAL DELL SERVICE AGENT and he doesn't know that the screen bleed issue is checked with DARK BACKGROUND and tells me to check it in fully lit room with WHITE BACKGROUND on the display. I have premium support plus warranty

6 Professor

• 

6.1K Posts

Hi @harryhulk433  seems that your 17 R4 has a new problem because the replacement screen has a fault. Please note that it is reasonable for agent to ask for evidence of a fault so that they can give the appropriate response, such as provide replacement screen from a different manufacturing batch. 

Only if resolution problematic, take photographs and attach to email Dell Service team (not phone call), tell them this is a formal complaint, how you want this problem to be resolved and ask for fault escalation status by return email, as evidence that fault reported and their response. Hopefully, resolution will be undertaken in response to your formal complaint. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

January 26th, 2021 08:00

harryhulk433,

Just curious, did the technician ask you to run the Alienware Laptop LCD BIST (Built-in Self Test) and take pictures or video of the issue?

No Events found!