Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

F

January 16th, 2018 06:00

DELL issue since 6 months of purchase with no SOLUTION

So let me begin it this way...

Family Members (FM) - "Since you want a high end laptop why not take Mac? Why Dell?"  
ME: "I've been using Dell since 7 years...I think I'll stick to DELL" (MISTAKE NO 1 - Ignoring the suggestion)
FM: "Are you sure! Think over!"
Me: "I have my loyalties with Dell...I won't change my mind. (MISTAKE NO 2 - Not seeing the warning)

What next? I go and make my purchases and show my devotion to Dell!!!

Day 5 of purchase - Noticed Touchpad Issue
Step taken: Contact Dell for immediate assistance. To my surprise, I realize during my call with the CSE that my warranty expires in 1 month!! (READ - DAY 5 from purchase of laptop)
Action: I send my bill as proof, they rectify it. Then they mention, the touchpad will also be replaced as they agreed its faulty.  

Day 15 of purchase - Screen freeze, start bar freeze
Step taken: Contact Dell, they take remote access. Make some settings, ask me to observe system and revert.  

Day 20 - Not just facing screen freeze and start bar freeze issue, now my application and task bar also freezes!  
Step taken: Contact Dell, they take remote access. Make some settings, ask me to observe system and revert.  

Day 25 - Wohi rona dhona!!!  

After a MONTH, with this constant emails and support, (trust me I can now write a manual of instructions on how to give remote access to Dell, contact so many times) they finally mention I should get my OS reinstalled.  

Take backups, get the OS reinstalled!  

Outcome: My wifi started giving trouble too.  

Solution: Maam please install CCleaner, disable skype to run on start of window and your problem will be sorted. (In my mind, wow really!)

I patiently agree (although I know it's the silliest suggestion ever), and for what?
To continue facing this issue.

Here comes the new twist: My laptops start heating up so much that I can probably use it to heat my food(This is Dec month where the temp was almost between 12 - 20 degree C!! And TRUST me when I say this... I try to use my tablet and realize my USB Port doesn't work either...What next...The fans (2 fans) don't work too!!!  

This went on for SIX MONTHS!!! Finally, most of my hardware was replaced after loads of issues and misbehaviour faced by CSE.

Outcome: I'm still facing multiple issues and have no solution.  

Frustrated I asked to speak to a higher authority and get a call from Escalation team...

6 months of being PATIENT and POLITE and I get to hear 'Ma'am please try to understand'

TRY TO UNDERSTAND? DID I just hear TRY to UNDERSTAND coz I was asking questions for a solution and was frustrated (Imagine my time, resource, and money put in - I'm a freelancer, every minute for me counts).  

Here I am finally with no solution...all I'm told to do is reinstall my OS (which mind you was already done prior as well with no success)

I NEED TO CONTACT SOMEONE SENSIBLE WHO CAN GET ME A SOLUTION AND HOLDS SOME AUTHORITY TO TAKE SENSIBLE DECISIONS.

My laptop is not for experiment purpose, where each CSE keeps changing some or the other settings and tells me oh this setting was missing and that setting wasn't enabled and what not!!!

Disheartned, Irked, Vexed DELL USER!!!

2 Posts

March 19th, 2018 09:00

They haven't even bothered to get in touch!!! 

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

March 27th, 2018 03:00

Thank you for your message. I understand that your experience with us has been not good so far.  However, let me assure that our customers are and will always remain our priority.

I can look into this and assist you with-in my support boundaries. However, if this case is already handled by our global escalations team we abide by the stance provided by them. 

For my reference, please click on the message tab next to your avatar– click “New Message” & search for my Dell username (Dell-Sreejith R) & send a private message with the service tag, registered name & email address.

No Events found!