Start a Conversation

Unsolved

S

2 Posts

August 18th, 2018 11:00

DFS agreed to loan in writing

Well. What we not do for our kids. After I was a customer for years with Dell and actually managed the warranty technician in Germany for Dell, I am after this purchase done with Dell! Why? We all look out for discounts. So do I. My son from Germany is visiting us in Canada and starts in September 2018 his College. We bought my stepson last year a expensive laptop before he started his second year in Windsor Ontario. Okay. My son (from Germany) needed also one laptop. Checked out Dell Canada. Well. I ordered a laptop over DFS because it was offered 0% financing. Discount was $299 too. Everything did go well. Got the Loan agreement the same week. Approved on the 3rd of August. Backpack was shipped right away too. On the 10th of August I got a letter saying I have to call in. Well, sorry I never say that. But, how backward is a company who approved a loan 8 days earlier to ask for verification AFTER approval? After talking to several people from DFS (let me guess, in the Philippines from the accent), saying that I would go with the letter of the 3rd day of August on Monday to a , cancel the whole purchase, asking that the backpack gets picked up next week and I will go to a local store and get another brand laptop, I got a call back from a supervisor saying that they would “approve the approved loan” (if this makes any sense)!? Seriously Dell? She than was so nice to let Dell sales know that they can proceed with the purchase. Wait a moment! I talked already with sales support and they guarantee was that we get the laptop on the 22nd of August delivered. I was told that the laptop was ALREADY this week in production and will be shipping on the 14th of August. Again. Seriously? DFS is the lowest of partners you can get. 1/2 star rating says it all. I didn’t do my online research. My bad. But again. I’m done with this low lives. If this is Dell’s new idea of doing business I would be ashamed working for Dell! Lucky me, I’m retired. Shame on you Dell.

9.4K Posts

August 24th, 2018 04:00

Silverstone205,

A DFS agent contacted me in regards to your post.  They will be contacting you privately as financial matters can't be discussed here on the Forum.

August 24th, 2018 08:00

Thanks for the information. But again. I had never experienced such a low customer service like this time. DELL is loosing a lot of customers with this company called DFS. Offer the same “customer service “ in Germany and you want sell computers in the future! 

Until today, I did not get a call in this matter. And btw. This has nothing to do with “financial matters “. Nobody can send out in a business world a written approval and ask 8 days later for a verification. Sorry! Last time I used DFS and as long DELL is involved with this company called DFS, I won’t buy any product from DELL! 

No Events found!