Start a Conversation

Unsolved

V

14 Posts

December 8th, 2022 08:00

Damaged Inspiron delivered. I feel scammed

I ordered an inspiron laptop worth 90k. For this I applied the following offers =

• 15,000 flat discount.
  • 2,000 discount from bank
  • 9,000 worth BT headset free.
  • 6000 worth ecp loop bag
  • 3 year onsite warranty free. 

Great deal one would say. Until I got the laptop. 

The laptop had minor physical damage and buying a brand new laptop I don't expect this. I decided to raise a ticket with Dell customer care. My night are began here.

I had to speak to 8-10 absolutely ineffective arrogant agents and waste 5 hours behind it all. Before I was told I will be refunded.

But my ask was for a replacement. Which they flatly refused.

Now for no mistake of mine and without my consent, customer care has gone ahead and initiated a return ticket for my order.

What this means is they will take the laptop back and inspect and then give me my refund which can take around 20 days or more.

And then I am free to order any other laptop without the offers I had earlier.

They do not acknowledge that I am losing all these offers because of their mistake and not mine. And nobody replies or acts with a proper action. They follow blindly a process which is anti-customer and provide nothing for the aggrieved customer. They don't respect your time. The fact that you have paid them nor even the point that customer is aggrieved because of them. Pathetic. One of the worst customer case experience. That's the general culture here.

Really disappointed about this.

• 

25.1K Posts

December 9th, 2022 02:00

Thank you! We have received the required details. We will work towards a resolution. In the meantime, you may also receive assistance or suggestions from the community members.

14 Posts

December 9th, 2022 02:00

@DELL-Cares Please do check this. The timelines and resolutions offered are not at all customer friendly and i am looking at losing all the offers I had got as part of this purchase. For all the inconvenience caused to the customer, for no fault of his Dell does nothing to upkeep customer rights. It has been 24 hrs since i have received any response to my issues. Looking at other hapless customers in this forum, I think i am in for a long night mare here, where i will have to wait for over a month to get a laptop. A simple transaction that was supposed to bring happiness, higher productivity of my time is now turned into absolutely useless and unproductive use of my time and money. All this for having trusted Dell to deliver me a brand new laptop. Sigh!!

14 Posts

December 9th, 2022 03:00

I get this response from their support team =

Vivekea_0-1670586707558.png

14 Posts

December 9th, 2022 05:00

@DELL-Cares asks me to work with the regional experts for resolution. But when i ask them who the expert is with whom i need to work ? Answer is they dont know. I am getting no response on emails I have sent on this. I ask basic information and they play around with words.

Code of Conduct. DELL-Admin>

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

December 9th, 2022 05:00

They're offering a refund -- not requiring you to keep a system that arrived with physical damage.  If you don't want the system, return it and take the refund.

They're not obligated to replace the system as purchased with whatever discounts you had any more than an airline is required to sell you a seat purchased at deep discount due to a canceled flight.  Take the refund, and purchase whatever you wish to replace it.

10 Elder

• 

23.1K Posts

December 9th, 2022 09:00

You clearly have an agenda, but the fact remains:  they've offered you a refund.  Take it and start searching for another system at the price you're willing to pay.

And no, airlines don't re-book at the original price -- try doing that with a budget airline (Ryanair in Europe, Spirit in the US, etc.).  They refund what you paid if they cancel -- the replacement ticket is your responsibility.

Even if Dell were to replace the system at the price you originally paid, your agenda is going to mean you'll find fault with it.  Save yourself the trouble and buy what will make you happy.

14 Posts

December 15th, 2022 08:00

@DELL-Cares @ejn63 

Update on my issue

1. I escalated the concern to higher ups at Dell customer care. This was extremely difficult but I persisted with it.

2. Dell offered to reinstate my offer if I make the purchase and share the details. As well as provide 100% refund on my damaged laptop.

3. I have placed a new purchase with better discount offer from bank side. And retained the earlier offers. This was confirmed over an email by Dell. And seems reasonable at the minimum level.

I have only asked for a fair treatment here and am satisfied with this arrangement, which was being repeatedly denied/declined by Dell earlier.

Thank you for the support.

I want to keep this thread open till I get my new laptop, my refund and my free goodies.

14 Posts

April 26th, 2023 23:00

Update on my purchase.

1. I received yet another defective laptop from Dell. In even worser condition.

2. Negotiated with support team (The most arduous of all tasks) to get the following

# Get to keep the sennheiser headset received with my earlier purchase as a goodie.

# Get an additional goodie - Alienware gaming headset.

# a total of 5 years of free support service warranty.

# A total 20k discount on the product.

# An additional 5000rs instant discount.

# Full refund on returned item.

All this after they sent in a dell technician  to inspect the device. His input and report was crucial. He actually found multiple other defects in the laptop which I had not seen before. All of them physical in nature. 

Received my new product on 20th Jan 2023.

I actually upgraded my configuration as well.

Ithe whole purchase was a bad experience for me and I wanted Dell to acknowledge this as an issue from their side.

An unacceptable SOP I would say. And wanted them to respect the customer for their time lost and inconvenience caused. The compensatory actions even though half heartedly from Dell after escalating to the highest point a customer can get to in India.

I even wrote a letter to the ceo office and heads in India highlighting these lapses and the anti customer attitude of the support team.

I still believe the compensation given doesn't equal my time lost behind this .

I believe that as a paying customer we are entitled to a full service offered by the respective company, anything less should not be compromised.

No Events found!