Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

JK

March 21st, 2018 19:00

Delayed delivery

Dear Dell,
I ordered an XPS 15 because I love Dell products (ive owned 3 already). I placed my order March 5th with an estimated delivery date of March 20th. Now 21st and I have not received my device, has not even crossed border (Im from Canada), so I dont have info about the whereabouts of the computer. I understand there are delays and such, as long as Dell lets me know, but they did not. I reached out to a bunch of sales reps from email to chat, and they could not give me a clear detail of whats happening. They keep telling me ground shipping takes 4-5 business days to reach Canada, but for me its been 7 business days now, thats a week an a half. Then the other reps told me to wait until tomorrow then after tomorrow again. They can't even share to me the US tracking number going to Canada. My excitement is gone and I have the feeling Im not going to order from Dell again.

Thanks for listening to my short story.

Have a good day everyone.

4 Operator

• 

14K Posts

March 21st, 2018 20:00

If it's stuck in Customs, then they may not have a way to see what's going on or when it will get released, but I'm not sure if that's a possibility since I've never ordered something from the US shipped to Canada.

6 Posts

March 22nd, 2018 06:00

The conputer I ordered is made to order, not a shelf one. But I thought that everything that comes from manufacturing in China goes to HQ in Texas first then ground delivery to Canada.

81 Posts

March 22nd, 2018 06:00

If your selected config which was not available in the local US warehouse your package will probably travel directly from China so it will take probably at least 2 weeks to get to you. On the bright side - you might get freshly manufactured device lacking issues that users reported in early days...

NOTE: I'm not Dell employee and even not North America citizen so this is only my guess.

10 Elder

• 

23K Posts

March 22nd, 2018 07:00

Not necessarily - many systems are shipped direct from the actual manufacturer (which is not Dell) in Asia to you.  

A decade ago, Dell did most of its own assembly - desktops and even configuration for notebook systems.  That is no longer true - as with all the other "brand name" system vendors, the systems are shipped lock, stock and barrel from the ODM.

Dell still does some server assembly itself - but not for notebooks or desktops.

3 Posts

March 14th, 2020 10:00

It's now mid-March 2020 and it hasn't gotten any better. From the posts I have read, Dell is aware of the problem, yet keeps issuing delivery dates that cannot be met. My laptop was supposed to arrive yesterday, two weeks after I placed an order and was lied to by the Dell rep. Now I'm looking at 3 more weeks (so I am told). After visiting this forum, I will not be surprised when it's delayed again. Their website still shows the exact model as deliverable March 25th. I expected more from Dell. It will be my last purchase from them.

No Events found!