Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 1st, 2013 10:00

Dell Chat, Service Tag, McAfee Security Center, 15 month

This is Hari. I purchased Dell Inspiron 15R which has 15 months McAfee subscription included with the package. But when I created a new McAfee account and launched McAfee in my laptop it provides me 1 month validity. I tried to contact technical support through chat but Dell is not detecting my Service Tag to proceed further. Is there any solution for this?

9 Posts

March 6th, 2013 13:00

Bugbatter, My problem is solved. Ryon contacted me and helped me to sort the problem...

Thanks for sharing your info and for your precious help :)

20.5K Posts

March 1st, 2013 11:00

Hi hari8199,

Welcome to Dell Community. I'll report this to Dell to see if someone can get in touch with you. Please post back here in a few days to let me know if the issue is resolved or not. Thanks.

10 Elder

• 

43.6K Posts

March 1st, 2013 12:00

And if you purchased from a store, not directly from Dell, you have to register the Service Tag yourself.

20.5K Posts

March 1st, 2013 12:00

hari8199, how long ago did you purchase the computer?  Did Tech Support not tell you that it can take a week or more for a Service Tag to be registered?

9 Posts

March 1st, 2013 14:00

My friend purchased it for me online on Feb 1st 2013 in US. I am trying to contact dell support through chat for the last one week but Dell does not detect my service tag.

20.5K Posts

March 1st, 2013 16:00

It sounds as if you are outside the US. In that case, please submit the requested information to: R_Lama@Dell.com or Ravi_Chandra@DELL.com

I doubt  that you will receive a reply on a weekend, so I would be patient until next week.

Please provide the following customer account information via Email.
Name:
Email Address:
Shipping Address:
Phone Number:
Order Number or Customer ID:
Service Tag #:
Country of purchase:
Current country location:
Reason: (order status, tech support issue, service tag info, etc.)

===============
.If you do not receive a reply within about 10 days, please post back here. We'll look at other options.

9 Posts

March 2nd, 2013 08:00

Bugbatter, Thank you for valuable information... Is this a technical support contact mail ids?

I sent an email with the details as you mentioned. Expecting for solution.

Yes... I reside in India:emotion-2:

Thanks

20.5K Posts

March 2nd, 2013 09:00

Is this a technical support contact mail ids?
You're welcome. As far as I know, they are members of the Dell Customer Care Support Team. I am hoping that they will check on what the order included and investigate why the Service Tag is not showing up in Dell's system for tech support. It may even take as long as two weeks from the time you received the computer until your ST# is available for the Tech Support Team, but most likely they have the means to check on that for you.

Actually, it's not that the computer has technical problems.  The problems seem to be:

1. You have not been given the full term of the McAfee subscription that you paid for.

2. Dell has not been able to find your Service Tag in their system in order to verify the McAfee purchase.

I am going to move this discussion to the Customer Care Board, so that the team there can help me monitor your progress, and so that others with a similar problem may be helped.

After you get your subscription straightened out, if you have any problem with McAfee's settings, performance, or are unable to resolve issues with McAfee Tech Support, please feel free to post on the Virus & Spyware Forum again. If for some reason you choose not to use McAfee and your new computer is running Windows 8, there is already an anti-virus/anti-spyware built into Windows 8. It is called "Defender". You would need to remove all of McAfee in order to enable Defender. We'll be glad to help you on the Virus & Spyware Forum with that as well.

9 Posts

March 5th, 2013 11:00

Hi Bugbatter,

I sent emails to ids which you provided... but my problem is still not solved.

Expecting a solution asap.

Thanks

Hari

20.5K Posts

Thanks for letting me know. Are you saying that you received no reply from the emails, that your service tag is still not recognized, or that McAfee is still reporting incorrectly?

9 Posts

Yep, I didn't receive any follow up mail or reply in forum from customer care for both the issues...

Thanks

20.5K Posts

March 5th, 2013 12:00

Thank you for the additional information. This system was ordered directly from Dell by your friend? When you chatted with Tech Support, did you try your Customer Number if the ST# was not recognized?

Perhaps the people you emailed are taking time to research the issue so they have all the facts before they reply to you. I'll mention it again via the channels that I have available, but I do not work for Dell so I can go only so far.

9 Posts

March 5th, 2013 21:00

Thank you very much.

Just to know  :) Where are you working... how come you are replying and helping to address my issue not being a DELL employee?

20.5K Posts

March 6th, 2013 05:00

Hari,

I received a reply from my contact to let me know that Dell (India) is looking into your problem.

To answer your question, I do not work for Dell. I am a long-time forum volunteer specializing in security.  As a Microsoft MVP in Consumer Security, I volunteer at the communities of several brands. That is why, anticipating it to be a McAfee issue, I first replied to your post on the Virus & Spyware Forum at Dell. When you mentioned the Service Tag, the discussion was moved to Customer Care. Normally I help on security forums, but felt that I needed to follow up here to make sure Dell is aware of their customer's problem.

3.8K Posts

March 6th, 2013 08:00

Hi Hari,

Send me a Private Message, click on my user name, add me as a friend and send me your Full Name, Service Tag and Phone Number.

Thank you.

No Events found!