Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 25th, 2015 14:00

Dell DataSafeOnline Discontinued Without Notice or Remedy

• Repeated tries to get backups downloaded after expiration of service with no warning.
  • 1 time after extended hold I was given a week to download -- which did NOT work.
  • Tech Support repeatedly said they could do nothing but refer to call 'Customer Care' which never answered and played loud noise.
  • Need to download my backup data that I paid them to keep for Years.
  • Need a backup remedy.
  • Need Customer Care that works.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 25th, 2015 14:00

Our apologies, but the data is purged. There is no "fix" for this. We did give warning. We announced it online on April 30, 2015 here and again on May 13, 2015 on our DellCares twitter page here. Per the FAQ, 30 days after the purchased expiration date, all stored data will be purged from the Dell DataSafe Online system.

2 Posts

July 25th, 2015 15:00

You did not follow rational logic when I said I got no remedy. I don't use twitter and I don't accept 'no fix.'. There is always a fix. Management needs to address this or Dell will lose more customers.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 25th, 2015 19:00

I stated that we posted it first online on April 30, 2015, then Twitter on May 13, 2015. So you did not have to use Twitter to see our announcement. Plus several non-Dell sites discussed the closing of the service. There is nothing anyone can do about your data. The data has been purged, deleted. Those servers have been formatted and put in use elsewhere or retired and sold.

No Events found!