Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

2 Posts

July 10th, 2018 11:00

Dell Keeps Cancelling Orders Using Dell e-GiftCards. Why??

Hello –

Every time I try to use Dell e-Gift Cards, Dell auto-cancels my order after 24-48 hours. Why is this?  I have asked this question over phone, email, and chat and no one is able to explain it.

The most recent order that was auto-cancelled by Dell was Dell Purchase ID which contains the following Order Numbers:

I am trying to use two Dell e-GiftCards that I received on prior Dell orders. The first I received for an order on March 27 and the second was for an order on April 11 . I have been trying to use those Dell e-Gift Card but every time I place an order, 24-48 hours later it's listed as "cancelled” on the Order Details page. I have not been able to get a clear answer from Dell on why this keeps happening. I have tried everything. I have tried ordering on different days. I have tried purchasing different items. I have tried creating a second Dell account with my other email and purchasing through that. Each time, the order initially is accepted and then is “auto-cancelled” a few hours later with no explanation as to why (and the Help pages are don’t provide any guidance).

When I call in for information, I’m transferred across different teams but no one can answer my question. I was told to contact the “Order Verification” department which I have called 3 times but when I spoke with them they said that the order was fine. But when I check the site the order remains cancelled and I want to complete the order.

Nothing seems to work. I’ve spent over 4 hours either on the phone or on chat with Dell associates trying to place this order. I've submitted emails to Customer Service.

What kind of customer service is this? You accept orders without an issue when they pay with their credit cards. You offer a promotional Gift Card to draw in customers, you put a 90 day expiration on the Gift Card, and then when a customer uses it you cancel their orders. This seems like a bait-and-switch and false advertising going on at Dell. What is it going to take to get someone at Dell to help me?

Can someone please explain what is going on and help me complete the orders (listed above) as part of Dell Purchase ID ?

Thank you.

November 29th, 2022 18:00

Exactly what I get out of the best way to describe the reason why and many clients or most are not at all so ignorant that they don't see or think it.  Reminds me of, not so long ago, a Judge ruled this as exactly what Samsungs deliberate intentions were and ordered them to pay millions of dollars to a group of very angry customers and clients. They were ruled by a judge to deliberately mislead the consumer, intentionally by misrepresented marketing through false claims of the products capabilities. This is my short, respectful version and I am currently having the exact same problem with the same educated thoughts as you had.

No Events found!