Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

June 12th, 2015 14:00

Dell Laptop Battery warranty confusion

Laptop is still within the 1 year factory warranty, but somehow according to dell, the battery warranty has already expired? I'm trying to wrap my head around the logic of this. The laptop was apparently ordered May 23, 2014, and this is when the countdown for battery warranty begins? I was literally only days past this one year order date when we figured out that the battery was the cause of the lack of charging issue that I had been having for a months. I am perturbed. Dell site shows that the one year factory warranty is valid until August 2015 - but according to the representative I spoke with, the battery warranty expiration date began the DAY that the order started to be processed by Dell. Can someone explain this to me before I write off Dell products forever?

1 Attachment

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

June 12th, 2015 15:00

The title was too long. Changed it.

"Laptop is still within the 1 year factory warranty"
That does not make sense. If you ordered the laptop on May 23, 2014, May 23, 2015 has passed. Today is June 12, 2015. How could it be "within" the 1 year factory warranty?

The warranty starts on the Dell invoice order date, May 23, 2014. So the battery warranty ended on May 23, 2015. The website is showing the warranty period for the laptop, not the battery.

3 Posts

June 23rd, 2015 17:00

So the warranty began the day that the order was received. Not the day I got it.  Not the day I was in possession of it,it began the day that you receive the order. That is very convenient for Dell who shipped out the same model with thousands of people having the same problem with the same battery.  YET the rest of the laptop is warrantied until August.  You're right that does not make sense.

9.4K Posts

June 24th, 2015 05:00

Here is the Battery Warranty Policy explained.

http://www.dell.com/support/article/us/en/04/SLN155156/EN

Please note:  "Battery warranty is related to the hardware invoice date."

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!