Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 12th, 2017 07:00

Dell Laptop warranty after 3rd party SSD upgrade

I am going to purchase Dell Vostro 3568 Laptop with core i5 7th gen variant in India.
After purchasing laptop, I will purchase a 3rd party SSD(Solid state drive) from local market as there is no Dell SSD available as separate purchase in India.
I will go to dell official service center and replace/upgrade the default 1TB hard disk in the Laptop with the SSD I am going to purchase.
I already contacted the service center and they told that they will do and it will not void warranty of the Laptop but they just need a mail confirmation from Dell stating the same.

I have contacted dell sales support and dell technical support for mail but they haven't sent me any mail and still my query is not solved. 

I know that after SSD upgrade, there will be no warranty of SSD or original dell 1TB Harddrive.
But my concern is about the Laptop like LCD, keyboard etc.

Can any senior dell warranty expert please clarify or send me a mail confirming that after upgrade of the original 1 TB Hard Disk with 3rd party SSD, it will not void the warranty of the Laptop.

Thanks and waiting for a positive reply.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

October 12th, 2017 10:00

Thank you for your message.

What you confirmed is correct. Once you upgrade the hard drive, there will be no warranty on the hard drive.

However, you will still have a warranty on other components shipped with the computer.

This does not cover any accidental damages or damages that are not covered under basic warranty unless you have accidental damage coverage.

Replacing the hard drive will not void the system warranty.

October 12th, 2017 10:00

Thank you very much for clearing the doubt.
Really appreciated

1 Message

April 18th, 2019 01:00

Does the same rules (Only HDD's warranty is void) apply if i replace HDD with SSD by myself?
No Events found!