Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2016 16:00

Dell Phone Scam

I've owned my Dell Laptop for several years, I  had Dell Technical Support help me with an issue a couple months ago. Recently I've started getting phone calls from "Dell Technical Support" telling me that something is wrong with my IP address and is causing a problem with my network and my computer and that they are receiving error messages on their end. My computer is working fine, I haven't contacted Dell since the original problem several months ago. I don't give them any information and I keep hanging up and blocking the number they call from but then they get a different number, it sounds super fishy to me.

Here's the most recent number they called me from:

+1 (877) 290-1033

1 (877) 320-8458

A No Called ID

And several others that I don't have on my phone anymore.

9.4K Posts

July 19th, 2016 07:00

Hi sarah_repp,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Protection of your data is a top priority for Dell. Unfortunately, technology phone scams have become prevalent across our industry. We would love for you to take a moment to help us stop cybercriminals by reporting the details about your interaction.

Please complete this form. This will allow us to investigate further. Also, please read this Wiki which has more helpful data.

Note, Dell would not call you unsolicited. The only time we would contact you would be with your permission through the DellConnect software or the Dell Support Center software. But only after you agreed to this within the software.

Regards,
Robert

No Events found!