Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

B

November 25th, 2016 12:00

Dell Promotional Gift Card Nightmare

This is undoubtedly the worst purchase experience of my life. After making a purchase in August, that promised a 10% promotional gift card, I received nothing. After nearly a month, and countless calls to customer service I finally received my gift card via email, in September. It was set to expire in December. I have waited to use it until Black Friday, and now found that the card is no longer available. After another set of calls to various customer service numbers, I was able to get confirmation that the situation would be resolved in 3 - 5 days. Thus ensuring that I'm not able to use my card during either Black Friday or Cyber Monday. It's all been quite a ridiculous and unnecessarily painful process. This experience has almost certainly ensured that I will not be purchasing from dell.com again in the future.

78 Posts

November 27th, 2016 09:00

From what I've read on this forum (and forums on other sites), one could speculate Dell is purposefully not issuing promotional gift cards that would likely be used during the Black Friday / Cyber Monday sales.

If true, you (and countless other wronged Dell customers) will receive owed promotional gift cards shortly after the Cyber Monday sales end and Dell's product prices return to normal.

Just a theory.

9.4K Posts

November 28th, 2016 07:00

Hi barrydorman,

Thanks for posting.

You may check the balance remaining on your Promo Card by calling 1-800-242-5353 or check online here: http://dell.to/2fWUjjd

Whether or not a Gift Card can be used for a promotional item (like Black Friday or Cyber Monday) would be determined on an individual basis for that particular item.  If it is not accepted at check out, then it is not elligible.

December 21st, 2016 16:00

After nearly another month and multiple additional calls to Dell customer service, I still have not received my promotional card. Finally on the most recent call they have informed me that the card has been used, despite me having not received it. It appears that the card was literally stolen from me, and yet no one at Dell seems able or willing to help. At this point I've spent way too much time on this issue already. So I suppose, congratulations Dell, you've won. I am officially giving up. I'm currently on hold being passed around between representatives while attempting to close my Dell Preferred account. I suspect this process will be equally as painful. 

December 22nd, 2016 10:00

Dell-RobertP,

Reading Comprehension is a much needed skill by the Dell employees.  He doesn't have the gift card, so he cannot check his balance...

Please read the customer's post before responding with unhelpful answers

No Events found!