Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 28th, 2014 10:00

Dell UK, XPS 13, Faulty SSD / WiFi / LCD / Keyboard, Refund/Replacement request

Hi,

Service Request Number: . I purchased a Dell XPS 13 in June 2013 from Dell Outlet UK. Unfortunately, the LCD, touchpad and keyboard replaced due within a few weeks as they were faulty, but they were promptly fixed by a technician. I have had issues with the WiFi card that is in this machine which I believe is a widely reported issue and have tried new drivers and all the fixes suggested online/from Dell but they have not helped and I experience frequent disconnections and slow speeds even when close to the routers. In October 2013, I discovered that the SSD was showing up as faulty in the Dell diagnostic tests as well as the 'Pg Dn - arrow' key constantly falling out. This was extremely disappointing for a high value laptop that has been looked after. My AC adapter was the next problem, as it was no longer charging, however I requested a replacement due to the number of issues with the laptop and the number of previous service requests. A refund was agreed, however there was no similar laptops available on the Dell Outlet website and to receive a new machine would have meant I would had to pay around £200-300 which I could not understand.
I was also informed that if I requested an AC adapter then I would not be entitled to a refund. I believe this was extremely unfair, as I needed the AC adapter as the laptop could not charge and was running at limited speeds making it un-usable for work. I have been in Ireland and busy studying since then, and have recently called to request a refund as I still have the same faults and not happy with the service I have received. I do not have the time or do not wish to have the laptop repaired again. I spoke to a technical support agent on the phone 4 days ago who asked me to send a photo of the LCD and they would pass this on and then process a refund. I was left a voicemail yesterday to ask me to email, which I did but received no reply, so I called in just now and was informed that a refund was no longer an option. What is Dell's complaints procedure in the UK, as I'm looking to get this laptop refunded asap but getting nowhere with technical support?

Thanks

4 Posts

Thanks for your answer, but the laptop was faulty from the date of purchase, so I believe I am entitled to a full refund or replacement. I've found that information from the website below

Dell had already agreed to provide a refund/replacement for this machine but they are now refusing this as they replaced the AC adapter, I do not think this is very fair of them? What is Dell's complaints procedure in the UK if you are not happy with their support on the telephone?

8.8K Posts

sbryans605

You are not eligible for a refund.  A refund will be issued only if the system is less than 30 days old from date on the invoice.

That's Dell's policy......

Z.............................

8.8K Posts

February 28th, 2014 11:00

sbryans605

If the system was faulty from the beginning, THAT was the proper time to ask for the refund.  Not months after you've had it.

Here is a form  you can use to voice your complaint.

Z.................

8.8K Posts

sbryans605

I have never heard of that Act.  I'm in the USA and legal discussions of any kind are prohibited on these forums.  See the sticky at the top of the board here.

Your laws have no jurisdiction in our country, I see no reason why I should be aware of it.

You need to post all this on a the forum for you area.  This is a USA forum.

If you going to start with this legalese, our discussion is over.

Z...........................

4 Posts

Thanks again for your reply. I have submitted my issue using the link you provided originally but have NOT received a reply, which is why I came on here hoping for some more assistance. As previously explained, I did report the issues that I was experiencing AS SOON as I received the laptop. Some of the issues were resolved, however many of them were not. I'm sure you're aware of the .

4 Posts

February 28th, 2014 13:00

Sorry I was just replying back to your point regarding the time frame in requesting a refund.

I was on the Dell UK website, however it directs me to here? Is this the wrong place for my type of question?

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

February 28th, 2014 16:00

"Is this the wrong place for my type of question?"

There is not a UK Forum. But all of us Liaisons are USA based. You will need to pursue your inquiries using the Dell UK teams.

No Events found!