Start a Conversation

Unsolved

Closed

G

2 Posts

August 16th, 2018 16:00

Dell Visor literally breaking my desktop.

I apologize if this is the wrong board to talk about this, I couldn't find a suitable board. Although, honestly, I don't give a **bleep** after everything happened.

Let me go through my ""journey"" that I had to go through. A couple days ago I got the Dell Visor headset, but right around the same day my computer didn't launch (To be specific, it was stuck on the windows logo and it had no loading dots. No matter how long I wait, it won't launch, so I believe that if there's no dots, it's just not going to bother.) After 2 Microsoft contacts, I was able to get a clean install on the computer and get my computer up and running again. The next day, it didn't work again. After 2 more Microsoft contacts, I did a clean install with everything unplugged (with the exception of the mouse, keyboard, and USB drive), and after that it got running again, but obviously I presumed the computer might not work again, so I left it on. The next day the computer is completely off, and I'm left to find my computer not launching AGAIN. So, after the 5th contact on this problem, I was told to unplug everything and then try launching. Guess what? It worked.

So...there's two possibilities on why this wasn't working.

1. The mouse/keyboard was an issue, but the keyboard was from the same exact provider as the desktop and the mouse had the drivers correctly installed. They've also never had this problem in the two and a half years I've owned both the mouse/keyboard duo and the desktop.

2. The headset was an issue, and it suspiciously came when the desktop starting malfunctioning.

Now, I don't know about you, but I'm betting the headset is the problem. Both times I clean installed, I plugged in the headset and left it plugged in since I wanted to test the thing. This thing cost $400 and it broke my computer + possibly make me lose most of files.

One other thing to note: I tried contacting Dell through phone (since the support page just didn't bother working), asked for a supervisor, and she immediately hung up after I mentioned "Dell Visor".

No Responses!
No Events found!