Start a Conversation

Unsolved

RZ

7 Posts

April 9th, 2019 06:00

Dell does not post my post

Yesterday I posted my bad experience with Dell's shipping and packaging practice and work ethic with pictures.  So far I have not seen my post.  What are they doing?  Is this how they treat the customers?  I am thinking of cancelling my order that is replaced and no further information on the status.  Again I reserve my rights to take further actions.

4 Operator

• 

3.4K Posts

April 9th, 2019 13:00

Truly apologize that we were not able to provide you with an experience that was completely satisfactory to you. I assure you that this situation is not indicative of the quality service Dell is capable of providing. We will take this as feedback & share with the concerned team.

I see that the original post was not published as the post did not meet the forum guidelines. There were words in the post which automatically stopped the post from being published.

Glad to know that you are getting a replacement. Let me know if you need any assistance in tracking, I will be happy to assist you.

7 Posts

April 9th, 2019 14:00

I didn't see any words that were flagged off automatically but I do want to share my experience: 

From Dell online, I ordered a brand new, light weight laptop with the latest CPU, 16 GB RAM and 512 GB SSD for my frequent travel, high computation, and multitasking work needs. This is my first time to order a Dell laptop after many years of Lenovo. I thought Dell’s might be more robust than Lenovo since my latest Lenovo Yoga suffered memory errors due to overworking. Yesterday I received the package delivered by FedEx who didn’t ring doorbell nor requested signature. But let’s focus on Dell only.

Once I opened the shipping box, one power unit fell out and then another. One unit is in a sealed plastic bag. The other is not in any packaging material. Both are not fixed or protected. As I pulled out the content carefully, I was totally shocked. The laptop is in an opened plastic bag supported by two paper packaging material only. There is no box. This kind of packaging does not protect electronic devices in transportation process nor isolate the devices from environmental elements. Even a refurbished or open-box laptop or even an earphone would have been packaged much better than this. Besides the content list is a piece of poorly copied paper (see picture) rather than a printed paper. With such poorly packaged laptop, I could not trust it’s quality. The whole package is totally unacceptable.

This is what looked like after open the shipping box.This is what looked like after open the shipping box.I had to spend time calling customer support and went to UPS to return this one. The customer support agent promised to expedite a new laptop. However, this experience lowered my confidence for Dell's capability of resolving the issue satisfactarilly.  

7 Posts

April 16th, 2019 10:00

I got the replacement order of the laptop that has exactly same problem: no packing box and the power adaptor is not sealed or wrapped (see the picture). 

Please users, I want to know is this the way you received your order?  How do the laptops do after going through shipping process without protected in a box that has shock absorber plus the power adaptor not sealed?

I have options to return but I have to spend time to go to UPS store.  Furthermore, I also need a laptop to work. I will also travel soon so I won't have time to order a new one from other makers. New orders from Dell is slow and I was told they cannot guarantee that the new laptop won't be packed as standard practice.  

This is what looked like after open the shipping box.This is what looked like after open the shipping box.Thanks.

No Events found!