Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 22nd, 2013 22:00

Dell doesn't want to sell me a notebook?!

For the last several hours I've been trying to configure a Precision M6700 notebook and for the last several hours I've only been able to add pre-configured systems to my cart.  If I then try to customize a system and update it, I get the same exact error.  The exact message is included below.  Unfortunately, calling Dell doesn't help me as I have to have a written copy of my config (ie: saved cart that I email myself) to forward to my partner in order to get the purchase approved. This is not only extremely frustrating, but it's also wasting my time.  I'm a customer.  I realize that these things can happen.  I've tried clearing my cache, cookies, etc.  Rebooted my machine, etc, etc.  Really infuriating experience that doesn't necessarily make me want to own another Dell computer. I hope you can get it fixed in the next 24 hours or I will be looking elsewhere.  Sorry, Dell!

We're Sorry

We're unable to process your
request.

Please try again soon, or click the button below to adjust your
item. To purchase this product right away, contact a sales representative at
1-800-WWW-DELL

3 Posts

May 23rd, 2013 11:00

It has apparently been fixed.  For the record though, I tried using four different browsers including IE8.

3 Posts

May 22nd, 2013 23:00

HP Elitebook workstation is ridiculously overpriced but I did check out the outlet.  Unfortunately, their outlet items have to be purchased over the phone and I have to get purchase approval so that is a similar fiasco.  I'll probably be checking some of the boutique brands instead.  Much better service at least.

6 Posts

May 22nd, 2013 23:00

Initially I attempted to buy on-line too.  But couldn't get the discounts and experienced similar web errors. 

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

May 23rd, 2013 07:00

bethica,

What browser are you using? I am using IE8 and configured the Precision M6700 and was able to add it to My Cart?

No Events found!