Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 19th, 2016 15:00

Dell has gone downhill for support

I have been a Dell fan and have been purchasing Dell since 1988 when michael dell was in Austin.  The service was great.  Then like most companies who grow extremely large, they give up customer service for greater profits.  This is understandable as dell has to show profits as any other company.  I have purchased many computers from Dell, owned stock in Dell I have recommended there too many people.  With that being said I have been receiving calls from Indians posing to be from Dell computers with my service tag numbers.   they want to be able to control my computer from a remote location.  I know this is a scam so I tried calling Dell ask for an American only was able to speak to Indians which are the main cause for alarm.  Now either their call centers in India are obtaining all of these Express tag numbers or Dell has been hacked.  I have been trying for the last four and a half hours to talk to someone and Dells Security Department, I have phone numbers tapes of our conversations however all I can speak to are Indians, the root of the cause of fraud.  Now I get calls from Indians claiming to be IRS agents which are really a joke as well I play along with these guys just out of amusement you would think Dell would want to know more info on this matter a multi-billion-dollar company should have better security or at least be willing to talk to a loyal customer

2.3K Posts

July 20th, 2016 14:00

Hello!  If you believe your personal information has been compromised, you can find information on what to do here.  Fill out the form which will give the information to Dell's internal security team. 

No Events found!