Highlighted
bmelton89
1 Copper

Dell is simply a horrible, terrible company

First of all I dont even know where to post this. I have bought two different computers from dell in 4 years time at least totaling $6,000 maybe 7,000. I have had multiple problems with both. Originally I bought a dell xps 1730 laptop which cost $3500 and you think that I would have excellent customer service right?... Dead wrong. Within the first 6 months to a year my hard drive up and fails and I send it to Dell after arguing with customer service for over an hour and them trying to tell me my laptop was not under warranty. Well 3 weeks later I get it back and guess what it doesnt work, which seems to be a common theme after reading a million and one reports about dell on the multiple anti-dell websites (and yes there are websites dedicated to how bad this company is). So. I send it back and they fix it but now the logitech side screen doesnt work. Ok so fine i leave that alone, then last Christmas I get an alienware aurura desktop ( didnt know dell bought alienware or I never would have bought another dell product). Well long story short I begin to get a blue screen of death earlier last month conveniently 3 days after my one year warranty is up. So i do some research and firgure out it is a hardware problem most likely memory. So i call dell and they tell me they have no record of my service tag being in existence even though it is printed on my computer in two places. They tell me that it will take them 48 hours to connect that service tag with my account on the alienware desktop and they will call me back. Well three days later I call them after being on hold for 20 minutes and them transferring me between dellcare and tech support literally three times they tell me that all of a sudden their systems are down and to try the next day. Well long story short it took them 2.5 weeks to resolve the situation and ask for my forgiveness for any inconvenience and then proceed to tell me that they would help me troubleshoot the problem for 60 dollars. I was unable to speak with someone in the United States unless I was willing to pay $80 as I could not understand what "Mike" from india was saying. After I refused he hung up on me. Now I had had it with Dell and after spending 6 thousand dollars between two computers and receiving such terrible service I called back and DEMANDED TO TALK TO MIKE WHO HAD HUNG UP ON ME.  Well guess what NO MIKE worked there. I asked to speak to a supervisor and the kind lady on the phone said that this was not possible and that I should be happy that everyone had been so polite with me even though my computer was out of warrenty by literally a day or two according to their records. Well i found out the original date I had called them I still had 24 hours on my warranty technically, but guess what.. My service tag took 3 weeks to be recognized in their system and my warranty was out of time. I will never buy another dell product again, I have talked my best friend out of buying a 3,500 dollar alienware desktop, I have prevented my cousin from purchasing an xps laptop, <removed attacking statement> I get the chance unless I get some help with my problem.  Moral of this story people... dont buy dell they are <removed attacking statement>!

<removed threatening statement>

18 Replies
rufton
2 Iron

Re: Dell is simply horrible a terrible terrible company

What computer company doesn't have similar customer support rants?

0 Kudos
lsquared2
1 Nickel

Amen!

0 Kudos

He's right. I experienced the same from customer service. I don;t know why people are in a rush to defend such treatment. My guess is that <removed attacking statement>.

Hi,

Sorry you are experiencing any trouble. I may be able to assist you. Click on my name in blue, and provide your customer name, account number, order number and/or service tag number so that I may access your account records. I look forward to assisting you.

Thanks,
Lorna

Social Media Support
#IWork4Dell

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
ausGeoff
2 Bronze

What computer company doesn't have similar customer support rants?

And this pointless comment helps solve the OP's issues how?  It may have been more helpful to offer him/her some sort of  practical suggestions as to how to get their problem solved, rather than taking a cheap pot-shot at someone else's expense.

I'm more than sure we've all experienced these sorts of frustrating IT moments—with DELL and just about every other company—so it's really unfair to dismiss legitimate complaints as just a "rant"—with all its negative implications.

At any rate, if IT companies provided satisfactory products and effective after sales service, there simply wouldn't be any rants would there?

Smoke, meet fire.

I agree. The removal of the statements is another aspect that surprises me. There's enough time on Dell's hands to  the message boards? Just really odd.  Deleting statements is just gonna <profanity> people off. I laff at Dell. Ridiculous. And I've been reading the WSJ...the news ain't good.

ausGeoff
2 Bronze

I agree. The removal of the statements is another aspect that surprises me.

Yesterday, DELL deleted one of my comments.  No profanity; no offensive language; no personal attacks; no links to other sites; no obscene images.  All innocuous content.  Except for the raw nerve I inadvertently and all too obviously struck!

It seems to me that there's possibly a lot more comments being deleted from these forums than any of us are aware of collectively.  I guess that's just one of the company policies that we, as consumers, have to accept.  It could be argued by DELL that they're under no compulsion to even support a consumer forum—which is perfectly true—but nonetheless, if they do provide a forum, then the least they can do is to moderate it in a reasonable manner, and allow polite but negative comments such as mine to remain on the forum.

Censorship of any kind reeks of the typical corporatist ethic—you're welcome to complain publicly on our forum as long as we accept your complaints, and they're not too damaging to our brand LOL.

And—like you—I'm also extremely annoyed that DELL chose to delete my legitimate comments (intended purely to help other people get their consumer rights  acknowledged by DELL).

Not good enough DELL.

ausGeoff, TheConfidentialReport,

Being a Dell funded and hosted Forum, the Terms of Use (which you all agreed to) has a very important line you should be aware of, "or otherwise objectionable (in our sole judgment);". This means we can delete any post or statement based on our sole judgement.

0 Kudos
ausGeoff
2 Bronze

Being a Dell funded and hosted Forum, the Terms of Use (which you all agreed to) has a very important line you should be aware of, "or otherwise objectionable (in our sole judgment)". This means we can delete any post or statement based on our sole judgement.

... which really defeats the intended purpose of a public forum doesn't it Chris?

Why should I waste my time attempting to help another DELL consumer when my well-intentioned advice can simply be deleted by you (Admin) on a mere whim—and without any substantive evidence of a breach of DELL's Terms of Use?

Can you please explain explicitly what you found "objectionable" in my deleted post?

—Thanks, Geoff.

0 Kudos