Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 5th, 2017 09:00

Dell missed promised delivery date, but customer support only saying 'We are trying our best..', blah, blah, blah

I ordered my XPS 13 on May 30 with expedited 2n day shipping since I have an international flight on June 8. The expected delivery date is Jun 2. During online chat ordering, I was promised in written I will get it before Jun 8.

Now it's June 5 and I haven't receive it. I called customer service three times, now they are saying it won't be shipped out until June 7. What's the F*? 

Customer service are saying 'we are trying our best ..." blah, blah, blah, now of them give me a real solution! I asked to talk to a manager, was promised he will call my back in 15 mins. Guess what? Never happened!

Seems Dell order department and customer support have become a place full of liars? If Dell customer care is not listening or helping, I will definitely go to  to voice my frustration!

Very unhappy customer.

June 5th, 2017 10:00

Just talked to another customer agent, I asked him since it's Dell's fault of missing delivery date, please ship it with overnight shipping method so I can bring it with my internal trip. Guess what? He said he will talk to his supervisor then hang up on me!

So frustrated, what's happening to Dell? Even customer care team can't keep your promise any more?  Where is the credibility and trust as a Brand?

Tom from California

June 6th, 2017 06:00

Hi Tom,

Thank you for posting your concerns on the Dell Community Forum Customer Care Board. Please accept our apology for any frustration or disappointment the order delay may have caused. The ship date, as provided by a Dell sales, customer care representative, or on the Dell website, is calculated from the time the order is picked by the local carrier till the time the order is delivered.

Dell is a mail order company and usually, a system or product will ship on or before its estimated shipping date. Occasionally, part backlog issues may delay the manufacture and subsequent shipment of an order.

However, if you can share the order number, name of the registered owner and email ID in a private message, I will look into it for you.

To send a private message, click on my name and select ‘Send private message’.

June 23rd, 2017 14:00

The problem seems to be more then just failure to get a machine to him in a promised amount of time, but also how customer service handles the situation after.  I have also been promised return calls that have never come. 

5 Posts

June 27th, 2017 09:00

I too have the same situation as you, promised return calles that never came. The customer service rep also lied to me and told me my order was shipped out, when in fact it did not and they don't know where it is. 

They hold no one accountable, so the customer agents just reply candid repsonds like a robot and could care less if they lie to you. 

4 Posts

July 3rd, 2018 06:00

That is exactly what is happening to my order. I had ordered May 31 and was given shipping date of June 12. I waited and the product was not shipped. Two days later I call Dell support to ask why my product has not shipped its over two days, they transferred me to 4-5 different departments back and forth, and no one knew why was it not shipped. So, I call next day and one of the manager tells me the product had not even passed confirmation stage due to part shortage so, it wont likely ship anytime soon. So, I was told to reorder with the different part. Come to second shipping now the sales agent had helped me find laptop that had parts available and would likely ship soon. Next day I receive email receipt and the order is another month away on July 11. At this point I was frustrated as **bleep** but still decided to go with it as it had some sale on it and i really wanted that laptop. Coming close to shipping date I call dell again about order status and find out that the product again has some problem with part shortage and was told to re order again with different parts. That was it and I had to cancel the order.  

And all this time in both shipping time I never received a call or email to notify me about shipping. The sales agent lied both times asking me to wait for their calls the next day and never called. More than that the agents were egotistical and rude. Tried talking over me and threatened to cancel the call If I use profane language (not to them individually but dell service). I was in desperate need of laptop that time as I needed it for work. But the service was so bad, That it would have been better to buy any other brand of laptop even if it costed more. I was Dell customer and had other dell products at home but after this, I'll never ever order for Dell online ever again.

No Events found!