Start a Conversation

Unsolved

D

7 Posts

June 26th, 2020 23:00

Dell shipment of new XPS 17 "returned to sender" - what? why?

On the 11/06/2020 I purchased Dell's new flagship product, the XPS 17. Great, looking forward to it.

Two weeks later I finally get an update about shipping, not because I got an email from dell or anything, but by going through the Syncreon's 1995 website. Delivery planned for 25/06/2020 it says, ok, at least I have some information now.

25th comes, and goes.

26th comes, and goes.

27th, today, I check to see what is going on and see this:

dell delivery.jpgdell delivery 2.jpg

So here I am on a Saturday morning contacting the sender. Why is it returned to the sender? Why was no delivery attempt made (I work from home)? When will I see my £2.8K investment?

I'm sure the product will be great when it gets here, I would not have spent that much if I did not believe that. But this ecommerce process you have running, for what is a premium offering, is really terrible.

Customer experience is as important as product quality. Right now knowing that my new laptop has been floating around in some warehouse only a couple of miles from me for the past 2 days frustrating to say the least.

Please deliver my laptop.

Thanks.

10 Posts

June 28th, 2020 14:00

You should check to see if they money has been taken from your account and processed. If it has not, they will refuse to deliver until they get their money. 

June 29th, 2020 14:00

Thanks for the advice.

Sadly Dell were quick to take my money, they even sent me a physical paper receipt in the mail. Shame they couldn't send the laptop with it.

• 

25.1K Posts

June 29th, 2020 15:00

Hi,

Sorry for not being able to respond to you in time. We're facing an unusual spike in volumes today, and we're only seeing your message now.

We've escalated this case to our expert to see what best we can do to help.

-Susanna

June 29th, 2020 23:00

Hi Susanna, 

Thanks for forwarding my case to an expert. I'm looking forward to getting this resolved and having my new laptop in my hands.

4 Posts

June 30th, 2020 13:00

I've had exactly the same issue today. Very frustrating isn't it!

Did anybody get back to you?

June 30th, 2020 23:00

Yes, via the private messaging system. Hopefully they can get to the bottom of this sub-sub-sub contracted shipping system and have the laptop delivered soon. 

I'll post updates as things develop. 

July 1st, 2020 03:00

Hi,

We've responded to you via private message.

July 3rd, 2020 07:00

ezgif-6-75a02422bd02.gif

July 16th, 2020 03:00

Quick question, does Dell offer compensation for big delays like this? I feel like waiting over a month for a premium product, and then to be ask to wait an undetermined amount of time more is ... not good, to say the least.

July 16th, 2020 07:00

The delay is due to the current global situation. Unfortunately, we will be unable to offer compensation on this.

July 18th, 2020 10:00

Sorry but in my case the delay is due to Walsh Western or DHL damaging the laptop on its way to me and then sending it back to you. I am aware of the current global situation and how it affects supply the chains based in the far east, but in this case, it was just  shipping.

Regardless, I am still without an ETA. 

I need to know if I will be getting a laptop before the first week of August. If you cannot guarantee this please refund me asap.

• 

25.1K Posts

July 18th, 2020 17:00

My apologies for the delay in response. The order is yet to move into production but the estimated ship date is of the 27th.

I'm monitoring the order & will keep you updated.

-Anita

No Events found!