Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 28th, 2013 19:00

Disappointed, Precision T5600 Workstations Loud and Hot

Hi Sir or Madam,

Our company has perchased five Precision T5600 workstations about one month ago. Just the day we received the workstations, we found they made a lot of noise when the system was open about half an hour, which is hard to bear.

Moreover, they were very hot so that our users can not be close to them and use them for work normally. With these issues happened, we gave feedbacks to DELL (Fujian Province, China) within three days. They has arrange their engineers to check our workstations for five times and still gets no results. What a pity, so far (updated on Jul. 29th, 2013), the only answer we get is that there's no problem of our workstations. If it were no problem, why they need to check our workstations for five times?  And also, their engineers knew the noise & heat clearly. But why we get a different answer from DELL Custom Care China. We require to change another five workstations, but always being refused with the answer that for noise & heat, it just our personal feelings, not their feelings, which disappointed us a lot. If it is just personal feelings, why the same problem will not happened at the workstation of adidas Guangzhou Office?

Anyway, our work are facing the peak season on August. Without workstastions, we can do nothing.

Now, we just want to ask what we can do?  If it is needed, we can posted the service tags of our workstation (Precision T5600) and imaged showing the temperature & decibel we have tested.

Looking forward to a quich & effective solution. Thank you!

July 28th, 2013 20:00

Hi Neversaynever,

Thank you for posting your feedback and issues in our Community and Welcome!

Please provide me with the information needed below via private message ( please click my username in blue then Start Conversation ) and i'll be glad to look into your case;

Dell Service Tag:
Account Name:
Contact Numbers ( primary / secondary ):
Email address:
Detailed issues on the unit ( where the sound is coming from ):
What has been done on the unit ( troubleshooting steps ):

July 28th, 2013 22:00

Hi,

Please see below answers.
Dell Service Tag: (Deleted. Must be sent to by DELL-Frances Yap via a private message)          
Account Name: Actually I don’t understand what do you mean “Account Name” and also I don’t know the account name since I am not from Purchase Department. What I can let you know is that our company name is APACHE (Qingxin) Footwear Ltd., and we are in Qingyuan City, Guangdong Province, China.
Contact Numbers: (Deleted. Must be sent to by DELL-Frances Yap via a private message)
Email address: (Deleted. Must be sent to by DELL-Frances Yap via a private message)

Detailed issues on the unit (where the sound is coming from ): According to DELL engineers, may be it comes from fans or may be due to power issues.

What has been done on the unit (troubleshooting steps):  It is noisy when we open the system for about half an hour even using no software. It is very hot all day and cannot cool down automatically.

DELL (Fujian Province, China) always saying that they will arrange engineers to check our workstations, and with five times checking, problem still exists.

Now more than a month past, we need the workstations urgently. What can we do? Please help to looking into this issues. Thank you!

1 Message

August 6th, 2013 10:00

I bought a T5600 few months ago. After many calls with the technical service, the truth for me is the T5600 isn't a good computer. It doesn't work without the H310. The SATA and HDD ports doesn't work well. I have a SSD, which doesn't use the 6Gb speed. The boot is so long (with a SSD, longer than a SATA). No, this is not a good one for me. Customer for over 10 years after, this ismy last DELL! Not just because the computer is bad conception. But because the customer service was very very bad.

August 6th, 2013 18:00

The same feeling with you!

The customer service is rather bad that everytime the answer we get is testing!

No root cause was found even checking door-to-door many times.

No Events found!