Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 21st, 2016 11:00

Disappointment with Dell Customer Care. Need Help.

On Feb. 11, I called to order a Dell laptop and accessories.  A Dell representative placed my order.  Dell's order systems split my single order into two separate orders, i.e., a first order and a second order.  The first order corresponded to items in stock (i.e., the accessories).  The second order corresponded to items with a lead time (i.e., the laptop)

I used my Dell Preferred Account to pay for this purchase.  Dell Preferred Accounts entitle customers to receive 10% of the purchase price back in the form of a promotional code (i.e., Dell Rewards).  Per Dell's guidelines, these promotional codes should be received within 10-20 days of an order being shipped.

I received a promotional code for the first order, but I have yet to receive a promotional code for the second order.

I have called Dell Customer three times.  Each time they keep re-sending the promotional code that I already have.  It is absolutely aggravating to call in, explain the situation, be told to wait 4-5 days, and then have an already-received promotional code sent to me.
So I sent an e-mail that summarized very clearly what the issue was.  I referenced the Customer Care service number that I received when I called.  In response, I get an e-mail stating that I will be called within 24 hours.  Never happened.  To date, it's been over 10 days.
Last week, I called back and wasted more of my time to re-explain everything.  I was assured that my problem would be escalated.  The rep said I would definitely get a promotional card for the second order.  The issue would be resolved within 4-5 days.  It's been over 7 days since that call.  No communication from Dell whatsoever.
Okay, Dell . . .
How is this type of customer service even remotely acceptable?  And what is going on with your promotional code systems?
I need to get this resolved ASAP.  There are other urgent purchases I now need to make.  Please help.
No Responses!
No Events found!