Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 10th, 2014 20:00

Dissatisfied customer (so far)

Here is my story Ordered a Dell Inspiron through Canada online store and got approved for their 12 months 0% apr financing. Pretty good deal for someone who does not want to spend a 1000$ right away, but is responsible enough to pay off the balance before being hit by finance charges. So my order was placed on Saturday the 5th of April. I did not get any confirmation emails for the first three hours. That was the first red flag. Three hours after the order was placed I got an email saying that my order was acknowledged. I did not receive anything on Sunday. I figured that it is because of the weekend. After not receiving anything on Monday I decided to call Dell. The first two customer service reps claimed that there was no order and tried to start a new order process with me. I did not want to end up with two orders so I refused. Each time they hung up on me. Then I tried the chat. The first chat agent did not find the order and when I kept on persisting he decided to leave the chat room. The second chat agent assured me that the order was in the process of being approved and I should receive an email confirmation on Tuesday the latest. On Tuesday I still did not receive anything from Dell. I decided to wait till Wednesday before calling back. On Wednesday evening I spoke to two agents. The first one refused to give me his name and hung up on me. The second one assured me that there was no order and that I should order a computer with him. When I told him that a chat agent had somehow found the order, he told me to try the chat room again and hung up. The first agent I got on chat found my order. She said that my file was assigned to an agent and only she can access it. I got her phone extension and email address. I called her and left her a message with my information. On top of that I sent her an email explaining the situation. I got an automatic email reply stating that she was out of the office and her working hours for the next day. At that point I felt that maybe this will be resolved on Thursday. Today is Thursday. I waited all morning for a phone call or email without luck. Decided to call her on my lunch break. To my surprise after about 15 min of wait time she answered. I explained the situation and she assured me that she was working on my order. She promised me to send me the confirmation of my order before 4 pm. When I asked what do I do if I do not receive anything she just repeated the same line. The whole thing sounded scripted. As expected I did not receive anything. Tonight I tried to call customer service again and both agents told me that only the agent assigned to my file has access to the information. I asked to be transferred to a manager. I got the voicemail, so I left him a polite voicemail with my information and asked him to call me back. At the same time I sent an email to the agent "assigned to my file" explaining that I still did not receive anything and asking her to call me back. I am writing this in hope that someone from Dell who can help me sees this. I cannot understand how out of all agents I spoke to none sounded like they wanted to help me. They were all reading scripts and when the conversation got out of script they would just hang up. Why does my "file" need to be assigned to an agent? This is not a mortgage application we are talking about. And how come no one else can give me any information on my so called "file"? I kept all the information and emails from the agents I spoke to. I did not name any of them in this post since I do not want to blame someone who might be innocent. I will post back tomorrow afternoon. I believe I am being very patient. I will try calling my "agent" tomorrow and if I do not get a concrete answer on what is going on by tomorrow, this is the first and the last time I am buying from Dell.

8.8K Posts

April 11th, 2014 13:00

wazzup

Any Dell rep in your country can access your file. 

I would escalate this issue by filing out this form outlining your complaints.

Z..................

2 Posts

April 12th, 2014 22:00

thanks

On Friday called the agent who supposedly had my file again.... she acted like she sent me the financing information and I was the idiot that did not check my mail...She then acted like she was doing me a favor by resending the information...In the document I was approved for 6 months no interest instead of original 12 months???....At this point I did not want to make her correct it and further extend the procedure....Figure I'll just pay it of faster.....So I replied ACCEPT as per instructions.....Did not get an answer from her till 6 pm....Call her back and she promised to place my order.....At around 9-10 pm I got my order confirmation...Order looks the same as I originally place, except the estimated ship date has changed from the 14th of April to the 30th....

Thanks for the advice...I will file a complaint but at this point I do not think it will change anything....

I do not mind Dell or other companies outsourcing their customer service....But there needs to be some sort of standard.....Every single agent I spoke to did not give a about my problem....I am guessing that the Indian agents are too underpaid to care....

No Events found!