Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 3rd, 2015 15:00

Does anyone from Dell look at this? Desperately need to talk to someone from Dell who cares

I have been promised a replacement machine for the last 3 weeks. The keep telling me there is a problem with the shipping system. Every few days I am told it will be another couple of days. Help!!!!!!!!

135 Posts

December 4th, 2015 10:00

I too have recently experienced the horrors ordering from Dell and their completely useless "customer service"  so I thought I would share a few thoughts with you...

This forum is considered a customer to customer forum (in other words Dell's attempt to let users solve customer problems instead of having their paid staff do it).  Though there are moderators here that occasionally offer to help they promise nothing.  In my experience the times the did offer to help they delivered nothing but false hope as they never followed up on their offers.  They say they are not a 'substitute' for customer service. 

The forum also has rules about what can be said here so I can only be vague in suggestions on how you may want to proceed to hopefully get the attention of someone at Dell that might help resolve your issues.

Firstly if you paid by credit card it is good to contact the credit card company to discuss your options. These days many credit card companies limit the number of days one can discuss a charge so it is best to move quickly.

Also you can google "email addresses for dell consumerist" to obtain potential email address' to contact Dell management.

You could also submit a report to that agency that functions to make a business behave better towards consumers (they censor the name if posted).

There is a consumer protection agency in your state where you can report your experience.

There is a Federal agency that is commissioned to protect trade where you could also report your story.

Sorry that the forum does not permit me to be more direct, but they have rules in place to protect themselves - which itself speaks volumes about their sincerity to help customers with legitimate problems so this is the best I can offer.

Having said all that, I would highly recommend canceling your order and cutting your losses.  There are many great computers on the market that there is no need to be abused by a company you are trying to buy from.

Good luck.

4 Posts

December 4th, 2015 14:00

Thank you  for your various suggestions. Without getting into details my situation is complicated. But I will try some off the suggestions you have offered.

No Events found!