Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 13th, 2013 08:00

Don't know if I can remain a Dell customer after my last experience

I received a broken laptop a couple weeks ago via online order.  The screen would go haywire when moved and when set at certain angles.  I called customer service to return the laptop and I was transferred about 6 times( maybe more). Each time I had to explain the issue, answer lots of questions and then transferred to another person that I would then again have to explain/answer more questions.  One representative even had me run diagnostics after I told him that I didn't want the same computer even as a replacement. (I was able to try out the laptop while the screen was at a certain angle and I was not impressed with the performance, material used for the case and the feel of the touch pad.  Half way through the diagnostics scan he transferred me to another rep. which I again had to explain the issue to and answer questions before being sent off to another rep. By this point I was completely feed up and just told the next rep. nicely that I’m not explaining the issue again and that I wanted to return the item. She asked if I would like the same laptop with a $100 gift certificate which I declined because I did not like the laptop.  I told her that I would be willing to take another laptop and pay the difference but that was not an option.  So after an 1hr and 20 min a rep finally sent me an email with directions on how to return the laptop. I have had three Dell laptops and one dell desktop. Every computer I’ve ever owned was a dell but I will not buy another dell again.  I was extremely patient with the customer service reps and gave them many chances to make things right with this order because I have always liked my dell’s.  It is unfortunate that this experience has scared me as a dell customer and unless Dell does something to make things right which I don’t expect will happen I regret to say that I will never buy a dell product again.

Dell Customer Care on 05/29/2013 regarding Case number:  for Dell order number:

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 13th, 2013 10:00

Hi Joe,

Thanks for writing and bringing your customer experience to our attention. It's genuinely sad to lose a longtime, loyal customer, no matter the reason. Please accept my apology for any frustration or inconvenience you may have been caused. We strive to provide a great purchase experience for all of our customers. I regret we missed the mark in your case.

In the future, should you be interested in placing a new order, I would be happy to ask one of our senior sales agents to contact you. Please know that Dell greatly values your business, and we would make the most of a second chance to serve you, should you grant us one.  I realize we have already missed one opportunity with you, and I am confident that given another, we would be successful in providing you with the exceptional products and service associated with the Dell name.

In conclusion, Joe, I truly regret the difficulties you have encountered in your interactions with Dell, and I hope I am able to help restore your confidence in Dell's commitment to your satisfaction.  If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to contact me.

Sincerely,
Lorna

No Events found!