Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 18th, 2013 18:00

Error on the website

I would like to know a email or a place to post a error I found on the website.  The error can be found when customizing one of the Alienware desktop that when you select windows 8 option the price increases by $500 despite saying it will cost $0 extra on the tag, in addition when you switch it back to regular windows 7 the extra $500 stays.  On top of that it gives a warring that the keyboard is not compatible with windows 8 despite all other Alienware desktops that i tried not giving this error or price increase.

Also I would like to make a suggestion to the site to make finding this email for Dell site or forum more easily available in case future website errors occur, I have searched for the past hour and haven't found one yet.

1.3K Posts

July 23rd, 2013 02:00

Hi ominix,

Thank you for your valuable feedback. Please provide a snapshot of the message on the same thread. I will check the details and take it forward.

2 Posts

July 23rd, 2013 06:00

Hello Harish, here are some screen shots of the error with some comments on the error.

Also, sometimes I get another error when I do the above saying that the keyboard is not compatable with windows 8 64bit, this warning appears to have stop poping up, but the $750 price increase still occurs.

Community Manager

• 

54.2K Posts

July 23rd, 2013 07:00

ominix,

Thanks. I have contacted the team. The error does not occur on the US or UK websites. Only the Canada website.

No Events found!