Ben Myers
1 Nickel

Filter the original system configuration, please

I sent this email to Dell tech support and got a response that was not helpful.  This request for improvement applies to ALL Dell products, and it should be an easy filter for the Dell web site team to do.

I often service Dell systems. No I am not an authorized Dell service provider. When I check warranty status and original system configuration data, I get to see the BOM (bill of materials used to build) for the computer. The BOM contains a lot of useless information, items with a quantity of zero or packing materials, both of which have nothing to do with the computer itself. How about filtering this information out when displaying system configuration data? This would save people a lot of time scrolling down through useless information, as they have to do today. Thanks... Ben Myers

0 Kudos
3 Replies

Re: Filter the original system configuration, please

Hi Ben,

Thank you for taking this time to share your feedback.

This is a support board where we assist customers having Customer Care related issues which include:Pre and Post Sales issues, Order Status, Cancelled Orders, Order Delays, Warranty issues, Credit Return Authorizations (CRA), Credit Card issues, and Gift Card information.

The best place to share you valuable ideas with Dell would be at Idea Storm

Thank You

Dell | Social Media Outreach | Global Social Media & Community

0 Kudos
Ben Myers
1 Nickel

So why can't YOU re-post my message in Idea Storm?  ... Ben

0 Kudos

Ben Myers,

The purpose of IdeaStorm is to have you, the customer, post ideas. That carries more weight than us saying, this is what the customer said.
Fusion 25791271

0 Kudos